Withdrawal Dates

Withdrawal Checklist, Grades, & Dates for Undergraduates and Graduate Students

If you receive financial aid or are living on campus in TTU student housing, you must first contact those offices before you may withdraw.

If you have a registration hold on your student record, you must have the registration hold cleared before you may withdraw. To check your student record for registration holds, log on to MyTech Portal. Undergraduate and graduate students must withdraw through the Office of the Registrar by submitting a Withdrawal Form.

Beginning Fall 2005, students who withdraw from the university the 13th class day (fall/spring) and 5th class day (summer) through the last day to withdraw will receive a grade of "W" for all enrolled courses.

Students who find it necessary to withdraw from the university before the end of the long semester or summer terms must complete the withdrawal process no later than the following dates:

  • TTU & Grad
  • Law

Historical Withdrawal Data

Title IV Return of Aid (R2T4)

Students who withdraw from TTU or drop all courses during a term that receive(d) financial aid:

It is important for students who receive financial aid and subsequently withdraw or drop all courses during the term to be aware of the refund policies and to understand the impact these actions will have on the aid released and their continuing eligibility for financial aid. Current refund policies for students who withdraw or drop all courses during a term are determined by the Higher Education Title IV refund regulations.

Federal Refund and Repayment calculations must be performed for students who receive Title IV (Pell, FSEOG, Perkins and/or Stafford Loans) funds and officially withdraw from all courses, drop out of all courses, are expelled, take an unapproved leave of absence, or fail to return from an approved leave of absence prior to the 60% date of the term. All "unearned aid" must be returned to the federal aid programs as determined by the Federal Refund and Repayment calculations.

  • The requirements for Title IV program funds are separate from the university refund policy. As such, you are responsible for unpaid institutional charges remaining after the refund calculation. You are also responsible for charges/balances created by the required return of Title IV program funds to the originating federal aid program.
  • If you have questions about your Title IV program funds, you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FEDAID(1-800-433-3243).TTY users may call 1-800-730-8913. Information is also available on Student Aid on the Web at www.studentaid.ed.gov.