Become an RRC Counselor
Are you looking for a fast-paced, fun, and exciting summer experience? Join us for two weeks at Red Raider Camp. Red Raider Camp needs your help to lead incoming Red Raiders as they begin their career at Texas Tech. You will help guide them through their transition to Texas Tech by introducing them to the culture, history, and traditions that make Texas Tech unique.
About the Position
- Be a positive representative of Texas Tech University
- Lead small group discussions
- Teach students the History and Traditions of Texas Tech
- Serve as a peer mentor to new students
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Establish connections within the Texas Tech community
- Form lasting relationships with other Red Raider Camp staff members
- Housing during camp
- Meals during some trainings and Red Raider Camp
- RRC apparel
- You must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA during employment.
- You must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with Texas Tech University.
- You must be a full time student in Spring and Fall 2020.
- You must be an undergraduate student.
- You must attend all training and camp sessions.
- You cannot have any other employment or enroll in classes during the Summer II session.
- Attend an information session (see dates below). All information sessions will be held in the Student Union Building.
*Attending an information session is required in order to receive an application.
- Submit online application by February 7, 2020.
- All candidates that have everything turned in on time and meet basic requirements will be asked to come to the Group Interview on February 12, 2020.
|Tuesday, November 12 at 3:30 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Playa Room|
|Wednesday, November 13 at 3:00 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Playa Room|
|Thursday, November 14 at 2:00 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Playa Room|
|Tuesday, November 19 at 12:30 p.m.||
Information Session - SUB Playa Room
|Wednesday, November 20 at 12:00 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Playa Room|
|Thursday, November 21 at 2:00 p.m.
||Information Session - SUB Playa Room|
|Wednesday, January 22 at 4:00 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Playa Room
|Thursday, January 23 at 5:00 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Playa Room
|Friday, January 24 at 3:00 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Playa Room|
|Tuesday, January 28 at 3:30 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Canyon Room|
|Wednesday, January 29 at 1:00 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Canyon Room|
|Thursday, January 30 at 11 a.m||Information Session- SUB Canyon Room|
|Tuesday, February 4 at 5 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Canyon Room|
|Wednesday, February 5 at 1 p.m.||Information Session - SUB Canyon Room|
|Friday, February 7||Applications Due|
|Wednesday, February 12||Group Process Interview|
|February 24 - 28||Individual Interviews|
Can I take summer courses and be an RRC Staff Member?
Due to the nature of the job, you may not take courses during the Summer II session. As an RRC Staff Member, you will be in Brownwood, Texas the last few weeks of Summer II. However, you may take courses during the Summer I session.
Can I still be an RRC Staff member if my GPA is below a 2.5?
If you personally speak with the Program Manager and can have your GPA at/above a 2.5 by the end of the Spring semester, you may be granted an exception. There is no guarantee.
Do all applicants get invited to the group interview?
Applicants who meet the basic requirements will be invited to the group interview. Basic requirements include submitting a completed application, being a full time undergraduate student for spring and fall, and meeting the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement.
I cannot come to the group interview, should I still apply?
As this is a special circumstance, you will need to email email@example.com to make arrangements. Don't let not being able to attend the group interview stop you from applying until after communicating with the Program Manager.
Does everyone get an individual interview?
No. Individual interviews are granted based on basic requirements, applications, and the group interview.
Do I have to attend the training sessions?
Yes. Every member of The Red Raider Camp Staff must attend the trainings and weekend trips to Brownwood, Texas. This is your opportunity to get to know the fellow RRC staff members you will be working with at camp and become low ropes course certified.