Register for RRO
Virtual Red Raider Orientation
Virtual Orientation will introduce you to the resources and services provided to you as a Texas Tech student. Students must register below for an Advising & Registration date and to obtain access to the online RRO modules.
Required RRO Fee Explanation
- Students will be assessed a non-refundable RRO fee upon attendance of Red Raider Orientation, even if you do not ultimately attend classes at Texas Tech University.
- The student fee for orientation will be billed later. This fee will be charged to students' TTU Billing Account and CANNOT be paid in advance or during orientation.
- See more information about Fees.
- Red Raider Orientation has made the decision to provide Parent & Family/Guest programming free of charge for summer 2020. We will continue to provide programming, education, and involvement activities for parents, family members and guests.
- We recommend parent and family members attend orientation with your student. If you choose to attend, we ask that you register each person as a "Guest."
- "Guests" can be added or removed after the student completes their RRO Registration if you aren't sure who will attend with you.
- See more information for Parents and Family Members (Guests).
Steps to Register
Use your eRaider username and password to log in to the RRO registration system, then follow the instructions below for online registration:
- Personal Information - Ensure that your personal information is correct and up to date, and add any additional information if necessary.
- Questionnaire - Please answer all of the remaining questions listed under "Additional Information". Verify that your major is listed correctly. If you have any holds listed, please refer to the information on the Holds page to get them removed. (Note: Incorrect majors and holds will NOT prevent you from completing your registration.)
- Dates - Select your RRO session. You will ONLY see dates for which you are eligible to attend.
- Guests - register any guests that will be attending with you.
- My Reservation - Verify the information you have submitted to make sure it is correct. Pay any extra fees for guests and/or accommodations.
Course Registration Holds
- Students may have course Registration Hold(s) on their account. A hold represents a requirement that has NOT been completed by the student.
- While these holds will not prevent you from registering for Red Raider Orientation, a hold must be removed in order to register for classes.
- You can view your holds when you log in to the RRO registration system. You are encouraged to take care of any holds prior to your Red Raider Orientation session through the Admitted Student Tasklist.
- A hold you may encounter is a Texas Success Initiative (TSI) hold. If a student has a "TSI Testing" hold (pay special attention to the wording of your hold) on their account, the student may need to come a day before their RRO session and take the test(s) with Academic Testing Services. You should make travel plans accordingly.
Verify Your Major
- You will be able to see your declared major when you log in to the registration system.
- If you would like to change your major, you are encouraged to sign up for RRO first, and then change your major. You can verify your major AFTER registering.
- You may log back in to the registration system to change your RRO date if you wish after your major is changed.
- For more information about majors and how to request a major change, visit our Verify Your Major page.
- Please Note: It may take up to 48 hours for any major change requests to appear in the RRO registration system.
- If you need to change any information after you have already registered for orientation, then you can log back in to the registration website and update your information at anytime.
- You can change your session date and add or remove guests through our online system.
- Guest fees may be refunded up until January 1 for a spring sessions and May 1 for Summer/Fall sessions. After January 1/May 1, NO refunds will be given, even if you register a guest after January 1/May 1.
- For more information, visit our Making Changes page.
Cancelling Your RRO Reservation
- To cancel/withdraw your application and/or decline admission, please complete the online Withdrawal Form through the Office of Admissions:
- You should only withdraw if you NO LONGER PLAN TO ATTEND TTU. If you just need to reschedule your session, please see the information above about changing dates.
- Once your application is withdrawn, your RRO session will automatically be cancelled. Please allow our office 7 to 10 business days to process the request to withdraw your application.
- All confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your TTU email address.
- All official communications from Texas Tech will come to this email address. Get into the habit of checking it regularly to ensure a smooth transition.
Log In To Register
To access our online registration system, click the button below. You will log in with your eRaiderusername and password to access the system.
Note: eRaider log in is different than the Raider Connect credentials you used during the admissions process.
Please make sure you read all the information on this page prior to entering the registration system. It will answer many of the questions/issues you may have when trying to register.
Problems Logging In?
If you are having issues logging into the RRO Registration system, make sure your eRaider credentials are working:
Need an eRaider Activation Code?
If you need to request a new eRaider activation code, please contact:
- Office of Admissions
Unmatched Registration Attempt
If you get an "Unmatched Registration Attempt" error, your admissions application may not match the following conditions to register for RRO:
- Fully Admitted for at least 24 hours*
- Undergraduate Student**
- Attending the Lubbock Campus***
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 806-742-1480 to verify or change any of your application information, if needed.
* Please note that Gateway students must fulfill the requirements of the Gateway program before they can register for an RRO session.
**Graduate students should register for New Graduate Student Orientation, not Red Raider Orientation.
**If you applied for a Distance/Online/Regional program, you should contact your academic advisor to see what items you need to complete for your particular program.