What to Bring
For Transfer Students
As you prepare to attend your Red Raider Orientation session, don't forget to bring these important items:
You Must Bring:
Bringing these items will streamline your RRO experience.
- Government issued picture ID (driver's license, passport, military ID card). You cannot use your high school ID as proof of identity. If you do not have a government issued ID, please contact your local DPS office to obtain a State ID for $16.00.
- Unofficial transcripts for ALL colleges attended
- If you took a foreign language in High School, bring that transcript with you.
- Copy of shot records and proof of Meningitis Vaccination
- Any information for Financial Aid
- Veterans: bring any paperwork to receive benefits
- eRaider username and password
RRO will provide:
- Texas Tech University Catalog
- A red, drawstring backpack
- An $10 meal card for lunch
- Your first two official Texas Tech University t-shirts
Your TTU email account serves as the university's official form of communication. Check your TTU email regularly because many departments, academic advisors and faculty, as well as other students, will be contacting you before you arrive on campus.
All confirmation and reminder emails about Red Raider Orientation will be sent to
your TTU email address.
Check your email at mail.ttu.edu by logging in with your eRaider username and password.
Get Ready to Register for Classes: Holds
An important part of Red Raider Orientation is meeting your academic advisor and registering for classes. However, before you can register for classes during orientation, you must clear any registration holds.
We STRONGLY encourage you to take care of any registration holds you have PRIOR TO your RRO session to help ensure a smooth advising and registration process.
You can take care of all your registration holds (and more) through the Admitted Student Tasklist.