T&E Student Assistants
Student Assistants preform a variety of duties that assist Transition & Engagement. This position is crucial to the day-to-day operations of our programs and will challenge the abilities of those chosen, while offering them valuable skills in communication, management, and organization.
For Transition & Engagement, student employment is all about "learning while earning" and empowering students to pursue and succeed in meaningful, academically relevant college work experiences that enhance both academic and professional growth.
This program is designed to provide student assistants with opportunities to enhance their skill set, knowledge base, and leadership potential so they can excel in the student workforce and in their future career.
Goals of student employment:
- Introduce students to life skills
- Integrate with academic learning
- Cultivate good work performance
- Contribute to University's retention and graduation goals
Employment Competencies/Learning Outcomes
Through their employment in our department, student assistants should grow in the following areas, which are based on the NASPA Learning Reconsidered Student Learning Outcomes. All student employees have the opportunity to learn and develop in these six competency areas:
- Learning Application & Integration: Acquire, process and connect information to make decisions
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: Identify issues, reflect and creatively develop solutions
- Intrapersonal Development: Articulate your personal talents, skills, values and act with integrity
- Interpersonal Development: Build healthy relationships, work collaboratively with teams, and manage conflict
- Practical Competence: Communicate effectively, pursue goals, maintain well-being and engage with technology
- Humanitarianism and Civic Engagement: Understand and appreciate individual differences, and develop a sense of global citizenship
- Student assistants must be enrolled full-time and available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week (up to 20 hrs per week).
- Student assistants must maintain 2.5 GPA to remain employed as a student assistant.
- Heavy-lifting may be required.
- Highly sociable, cheerful and positive/pleasant disposition and can handle customer relations professionally
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and can communicate with all levels of authority
- Strong comprehension and active listening skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
We are not currently accepting applications at this time.
EEO/Affirmative Action Institution.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.