Mental Health Services
The Primary Care Providers at Student Health Services treat mild to moderate mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, etc. Severe or more complicated conditions are referred to the TTUHSC Psychiatry Department for evaluation and management.
Student Health Services and the Student Counseling Center are separate departments located within the same building. Student Health Services is located on the 1st floor of the Student Wellness Center, and the Student Counseling Center is located on the 2nd floor. Although two separate departments, Student Health Services and the Student Counseling Center work together to ensure students receive the best care possible.
How to access mental health services: Call 806.743.2848 to request a mental health screening/intake appointment.
What to do if you need immediate assistance for a mental health crisis:
- Call 911 or go to the Emergency Room for emergent crisis.
- TTU Crisis Helpline – 806.742.5555
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 800.273.8255
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Chat- 800.799.4889
- During normal office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) you can walk in for a mental health screening.