Texas Tech University.
TTU Home Division of Undergraduate Education & Student Affairs Student Disability Serivices

Handicapped Parking at Texas Tech

Information from University Parking Services

Parking sign: "Handicapped parking Vehicle ID required"To benefit from the use of parking spaces designed for persons with disabilities, an eligible faculty/staff member or student MUST display a state issued placard or license plate as well as a Texas Tech disability parking decal.

Persons with disabilities may be issued disability access parking permissions designed to assist them in campus mobility. Parking in spaces reserved for persons with disabilities requires the correct TTU decal and the appropriate state-issued placard or license plate. General rules for vehicle registration still apply; refer to Section VI.E.1 in the main section of the Regulations.

Vehicles displaying valid TTU disability decals must park in designated disability spaces. If all disability spaces in a lot are taken, the vehicle may be parked only in the following areas, which are listed in priority order:

a. Visitor space
b. Time limit space
c. Area Reserved space

For more information and to apply for a parking permit, visit the University Parking Services website.

Information from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles

Students wishing to utilize handicapped parking spaces on campus must first have a state issued placard from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. This will require an application form to be signed by the student's physician as well as a notary public. A small fee is also required. Students are advised to access the TX DMV website for additional details.

How do I apply for my placard?

To apply for a new "permanent" (blue) placard or "temporary" (red) placard, you must:

To renew a "permanent" (blue) placard, you must:

Placards for permanent disabilities must be renewed every four years. Placards for temporary disabilities are valid for six months or until your disability ends, whichever comes first, and cannot be renewed. You will need to apply for a new placard if your temporary disability extends beyond the six-month limit.

What do I do with my application?

Complete your application form, submit a payment (if required) in the form of a personal check, money order or cashier's check to your local County Tax Assessor-Collector's office. Do not mail cash.

Lubbock County Tax Office Information

Tax Assessor-Collector:
Ronnie Keister

Physical Address:
916 Main St., Ste. 102
Lubbock, TX 79401-3412

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 10536
Lubbock, TX 79408-3536

(806) 775-1344

(806) 775-1551

Email: taxoffice@co.lubbock.tx.us