Allen Theatre House & Stage Dimensions
- 968 Seats
- Continental Style
- 8 handicapped seating areas
- 90’ wide x 75’ deep (from front of apron to rear of house wall).
- Non Union (Student Technicians)
- There is wheelchair access into the theatre, located house left and house right.
Stage FloorStage Floor
- Resiliently mounted sub floor consisting of (2) layers of 1/2" plywood, covered with flat-grain, tongue and grooved, 25/32" Yellow Pine, and stained black.
- NO attachments to the stage floor are allowed.
- Trap area is 16'-0” deep starting, 5'-2" up stage of plaster line, and 16'-0” wide. There are 12 trap units, 4' x8'. Contact the Manager of Theatre Operations if use of floor traps is needed.
|Height is adjustable via the Grand Teaser|
|Plaster Line To|
|Back of house (sound control booth)||87'-0"|
|D.S. edge of orchestra pit||12'|
|Last fly line||40'|
|First F.O.H. lighting beam position||40'-0"|
|Second F.O.H. lighting beam position||55'-6"|
|Front Box boom top||40'-6"|
|Rear Box boom top||50'-6"|
|Stage Center Line To|
|Stage Level To|
|House Center Line To|
|Front to Rear||12'6"|
|Width (left to right)||50'|
|Trap style covers.|
Dressing Room InformationDressing Rooms
- All dressing rooms are below stage level, accessible by two staircases (SR and SL). There are NO elevators to the dressing rooms.
- Each dressing room accommodates 18 to 25 people.
- They are equipped with mirrors, makeup lights, chairs, tables, and wardrobe racks.
- Bathrooms adjoin dressing rooms. A Shower is located at the rear of each bathroom.
- Center Basement Area
- Washer / Dyer (1 set)
NOTE: Prior approval from the Allen Theatre Management Staff must be obtained.
- Rolling costume racks are available upon request.
- Quick Change Booths (none)
Loading Dock / Receiving Bay
- Loading dock is located on the east side of the building just west of Boston Avenue on Akron.
- Loading dock is at stage level
- Loading dock doors open into SR wing
- There is no on site parking. Arrangements must be made, in advance, with the Manager of Theatre Operations for use of loading dock area.
- Dock doors (open onto loading area) 7’11” (width) X 10’ 9” (height)
- Dock height 3' 8" (height)