Shubert Family Programming Scholarship
The Shubert Family Programming Scholarship is awarded annually to (2) Tech Activities Board (TAB) members who have contributed significant time and talent to the group and will continue to do so for the following year.
The Shubert Family Programming Scholarship is awarded each spring/ summer for the following academic year. Recipients will receive $500 for the fall semester and $500 for the spring semester as long as they continue to be enrolled in courses at Texas Tech University and a member of the TAB during that academic year. Texas Tech Health Science Center students are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Be a full-time student at Texas Tech University.
- Must be a Student Leader or member of Tech Activities Board (TAB) for the year the scholarship will be awarded.
- Must be a Junior/Senior and achieved 64 credit hours by the time the scholarship is awarded.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at time of application for the scholarship and receipt of the scholarship.
- Scholarship is awarded for the period of 2 Academic Semesters. Recipients may not reapply.
To apply for the Shubert Family Programming Scholarship, students must submit the following:
- The completed application form.
- A cover letter detailing the candidate’s qualifications for the award.
- A resume highlighting activities, honors, and awards
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, one must be from a Texas Tech University faculty or staff member (outside of TAB) familiar with your leadership abilities and academic prowess.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of the applicant’s service toward the programming ideals of TAB, ability to balance a healthy academic workload and the quality of their application.
Scholarship Selection Committee
Representatives from Texas Tech University’s Professional Staff will comprise the scholarship selection committee.
Notification of Scholarship Awards
Letters will be sent to all applicants by April 10, 2015.
All scholarship funds will be credited toward the Texas Tech student account to cover tuition and fees at the beginning of each semester. In the event that the student’s bills have already been paid, they will receive a refund check from the Financial Aid Office.
The Shubert Family Programming Scholarship was established to recognize the efforts and achievements of Student Union & Activities Programs and student volunteers.
Funding for the scholarship was provided upon the recommendation of Scott and Maria Heinzman from the Halberg Foundation. Maria was the UC Programs President from 1986-1987 and Scott was the Concerts Chair in the same year.
The foundation was set up by one of Scott’s late aunts. Scott’s mother is the director of the Foundation. Scott and Maria recommended that the Halberg Foundation establish a UC Programs scholarship. The scholarship is named in honor of Tom and Cheryl Shubert.
One scholarship is awarded each year, specifically for an executive officer of the programming board. If funding is available, a scholarship is also awarded to another eligible applicant. The exact amount of the awards will vary depending on the funds available and will be determined and announced in early spring of each year, when applications are made available.
In 2005, UC Programs changed its name to the Tech Activities Board (TAB).
The funds are directly credited to tuition charges. Recipients are announced at the Student Union & Activities recognition event in May.
Applications must be submitted to Student Union Activities office, Room 020, by 5:00pm on March 24, 2015. Questions about the scholarship should be directed to Matt Ducatt or Jewel Downing at 806-742-3636.