Barnes & Noble Leadership Scholarship
The Barnes & Noble Leadership Scholarship is awarded annually to (2) currently enrolled full-time Texas Tech University students who have demonstrated leadership at Texas Tech University and have maintained a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Texas Tech University Health Science Center students are not eligible for the Barnes & Noble Leadership Scholarship.
The Barnes & Noble Leadership Scholarship is awarded each spring /summer for the following academic year. Recipients will receive $500.00 for the fall semester and $500.00 for the spring semester as long as they continue to be enrolled full-time in courses at Texas Tech University.
- Be a fulltime student at Texas Tech University. Texas Tech University Health Science Center students are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and service to, for, or in the name of Texas Tech University.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 at time of application for the scholarship and receipt of the scholarship.
- The annual scholarship is awarded twice, once in the fall and once again in the spring to the recipient as long as she/he remains enrolled as a TTU student. Recipients may reapply annually.
To apply for the Barnes & Noble Leadership Scholarship, students must submit the following:
- The completed application form.
- A cover letter detailing the candidate's qualifications for the award.
- A resume highlighting activities, honors, leadership, service experience, and awards.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, one must be from a Texas Tech University faculty or staff member that can speak of your leadership abilities, service experience, and academic prowess.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of the applicant's demonstrated leadership and service at Texas Tech University and the quality of the application.
Scholarship Selection Committee
Representatives from Texas Tech University's Professional Staff will comprise the Barnes & Noble Leadership Scholarship selection committee.
Notification of Scholarship Awards
Letters will be sent to all applicants by March 24, 2017.
All scholarship funds will be credited toward the Texas Tech student account to cover tuition and fees at the beginning of each semester.
Applications must be submitted to Student Union & Activities (Student Union 203) by 5:00pm on March 10, 2017. Questions about the scholarship should be directed to Dan Burns or Jewel Downing at (806) 742-3636.