TSI Skills Development Program at Texas Tech University
The TSI Skills Development Program seeks to improve student readiness for successful completion of college-level work. Following remediation, students must successfully complete their prescribed developmental sequence before being declared "TSI complete" in any sequence.
All students under the TSI program are required to follow the mandatory attendance rules (refer to pg. 8) for each developmental course. Failure to meet the attendance requirements will result in the students receiving courtesy *e-mail warning notifications that will follow with full withdrawal from the university. Developmental work that is TSI required is mandatory and students cannot drop any developmental courses from their schedule. TSI students should address questions concerning their basic skills classes to the TSI Skills Development Office, Holden Hall Room 72, 742-3242.
TSI instructors are required to report grades that are assigned in developmental coursework. Grades will appear on grade reports and official Texas Tech University transcripts, unless the student is taking courses from South Plains College (SPC). For TSI evaluation purposes, grades of "A" or "B" or "C" demonstrate successful completion of a basic skills course. The following are facts to remember:
- TSI grades will not compute into your GPA;
- Students will not be dropped from TSI classes when their grades are less than or equal to "C";
- Students will not be withdrawn from the university due to a TSI grade being less than or equal to "C";
- A TSI grade equal to "A", "B", or "C" may allow students to be declared "TSI complete" in that sequence if they have the required initial scores on the THEA or Accuplacer;
- A TSI grade equal to "A", "B", or "C" will demonstrate that students are successfully developing their basic skills to college level.
*To maintain correct and updated records the TSI office necessitates that all students provide an accurate current e-mail address, local address, and permanent address to the TSI Office by completing a Change of Address form in Holden Hall, Room 72. It is the responsibility of the student to inform the TSI Office of any corrections or changes to current e-mail, local address and permanent address that may occur at any time. The TSI Office accepts no responsibility for mailings sent to incorrect physical or email addresses, difficulties caused by the postal service, or other delivery services. Student signature on the contract indicates students are aware of the attendance policy and consequences for non-attendance.