- 40 credit hours at the time of the first tutoring assignment
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, and an A/B in the subject tutored
- Attendance at all training sessions.
- A willingness to maintain student confidentiality and follow all the
policies of the TECHniques Center.
Tutors at the TECHniques Center are trained in workshops and
seminars to develop the skills necessary for working with each
student's learning style and disability. This makes them eligible
for certification through the College Reading and Learning
Association. Their main responsibility is providing one-on-one
interactive content tutoring, as well as guidance, in the academic
and life skills essential for a successful college career.
- Flexible hours
- Paid training
- Starting pay at $9.50/hour for undergraduate students and $10.50/hour for graduate students
- Certification from the College Reading and Learning Association (you
will receive a certificate for each level you achieve)
- Documented experience & evaluations to use for resumes, interviews,
and job references