Prospective Tutors Overview
- 40 credit hours at the time of the first tutoring assignment
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, and an A/B in the subject tutored
- Attendance at all training sessions.
- A willingness to maintain student confidentiality and follow all the policies of the TECHniques Center.
Tutors at the TECHniques Center are trained in workshops and seminars to develop the skills necessary for working with each student's learning style and disability. This makes them eligible for certification through the College Reading and Learning Association. Their main responsibility is providing one-on-one interactive content tutoring, as well as guidance, in the academic and life skills essential for a successful college career.
Why should you work for the TECHniques Center?
- Flexible hours
- Paid training
- Starting pay at $9.00/hour for undergraduate students and $10.00/hour for graduate students
- Certification from the College Reading and Learning Association (you will receive a certificate for each level you achieve)
- Documented experience & evaluations to use for resumes, interviews, and job references