Red Raider Orientation
The TSI Assessment exam is a state approved test for TSI compliance. This test is offered daily throughout orientation. You may come as a walk-in between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Seating is limited, but you will be worked into a testing lab as soon as a seat is available. You must take the exam before you can register for any classes. Therefore, we suggest that you arrive early on the first day of orientation. Please note that shuttles will not run until 11 a.m. Be sure you bring your driver's license and your payment with you to test.
- Approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to meet compliance requirements for TSI.
- The State of Texas requires each person to complete a pre-assessment prior to taking the TSI Assessment. The pre-assessment can be taken at home. Click HERE to take the pre-assessment.
For more information including TSI Exemptions, please visit the Texas Success Initiative website
TSI ASSESSMENT FYI:
- Scores are printed immediately after testing.
- The test is untimed
- This test is adaptive, which means that the computer automatically selects which questions are given specifically based on the answer choices to prior questions.
- The TSI Assessment may be attempted more than once
Steps to follow for TSI Assessment testing:
- Report to 214 West Hall anytime between 8:00 A.M - 1:00 P.M. M-F.
- Pay $50.00 check, money order or credit/debit card.
- Present a valid government issued picture I.D. such as a license or passport.
- Fees are subject to change.