Red Raider Orientation
Are you exempt?
To find out if you may be exempt from the TSI assessment, please visit the Texas Tech Registrar's TSI exemption page CLICK HERE
Need to take the TSI exam?
- Offered daily (Monday-Friday) 8AM-12:00PM
Academic Testing Services will administer the TSI Assessment on the Sundays during Red Raid Orientation.
- The Sundays of RRO for Summer of 2015 are:
- June: 7th, 14th, & 21st
- July: 12th, 19th & 26th
NOTE: Seating is limited, but you will be placed in a testing lab as quickly as possible. Students are encouraged to arrive at Academic Testing Services between 8:00-9:00 AM and no later than 12:00 PM. This timeframe is encouraged because the TSI Assessment can be a lengthy, untimed exam.
In order to avoid a delay in advising and registering for classes, it is recommended that you take the TSI assessment prior to your first day of orientation. The TSI exam is untimed and may take several hours to complete.
What is the TSI Assessment?
The ONLY exam approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to meet compliance requirements for Texas Success Initiatives. Additional information regarding the exam and practice questions as well as TSI exemptions are available on the TSI website. Please visit the Texas Success Initiative website for more information.
TSI compliance is REQUIRED to register for classes.
What is required to take the TSI examination at Academic Testing Services?
Take the Pre-Assessment Activity at home before coming to campus. This is required by state mandate. If taking the pre-assessment for Texas Tech please click here
On the day of the exam bring these items with you to 214 West Hall:
- Fee: $50 (non-refundable) payable to Texas Tech with credit/debit card, check or money order. NO CASH.
- Appropriate photo ID is required at time of testing (example: driver's license, passport or other government ID with a current photo)
- A copy of the Pre-Assessment Activity Certificate you completed at home.
- Policies and Fees are subject to change
TSI ASSESSMENT FYI:
- Scores are printed immediately after testing.
- The test is untimed
- This test is adaptive, which means that the computer automatically selects which questions are given specifically based on the answer choices to prior questions.
- The TSI Assessment may be attempted more than once
For more information regarding TSI Compliance, please visit the TSI Compliance Office website
For more information regarding TSI Advising & sample test questions, please visit the Texas Success Initiative website