Red Raider Orientation
Need to take the TSI exam?
- TSI Assessment - offered daily (Monday-Friday)
- By Appointment Only Saturdays June 7th, 14th, 21st and July 13th and 19th. To make an appointment please contact us at 806.742.3671
- Walk-In Basis on the following Sundays: June 8th, 15th, 22nd and July 14th and 20th. (Seating is limited, but you will be placed in a testing lab as quickly as possible)
Students are encouraged to arrive at Academic Testing Services between 8:00-9:00 AM and absolutely NO LATER THAN 11:00 AM due to the length of this untimed exam.
REMINDER: Saturday exams are by appointment only and are limited to the above listed dates. Call 806.742.3671 to schedule
In order to avoid a delay in advising and registering for classes, it is recommended that you take the TSI assessment prior to your first day of orientation. The TSI exam is untimed and may take several hours to complete.
What is the TSI Assessment?
The ONLY exam approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to meet compliance requirements for Texas Success Initiatives. Additional information regarding the exam and practice questions as well as TSI exemptions are available on the TSI website. Please visit the Texas Success Initiative website for more information.
TSI compliance is REQUIRED to register for classes.
What is required to take the TSI examination at Academic Testing Services?
Take the Pre-Assessment Activity at home before coming to campus. This is required by state mandate. If taking the pre-assessment for Texas Tech please click here
On the day of the exam bring these items with you to 214 West Hall:
- Fee: $50 (non-refundable) payable to Texas Tech with credit/debit card, check or money order. NO CASH.
- Appropriate photo ID is required at time of testing (example: driver's license, passport or other government ID with a current photo)
- A copy of the Pre-Assessment Activity Certificate you completed at home.
- Policies and Fees are subject to change
TSI ASSESSMENT FYI:
- Scores are printed immediately after testing.
- The test is untimed
- This test is adaptive, which means that the computer automatically selects which questions are given specifically based on the answer choices to prior questions.
- The TSI Assessment may be attempted more than once
For more information regarding TSI Compliance, please visit the TSI Compliance Office website
For more information regarding TSI exemptions, please visit the Texas Success Initiative website