SSS typically recruits new students in the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
In order to be considered for TRIO SSS Services, a student must meet the eligibility criteria to join:
1st Tier Eligibility Criteria (Must Meet All of the Following Requirements)
- Must be a United States (US) Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be attending Texas Tech University and enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Must be seeking a Bachelor's degree and planning to complete the degree within 5 years.
2nd Tier Eligibility Criteria (Must Meet At least One (1) of the Following Requirements)
- Meet low-income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Education (see chart on the right side).
- Be a first-generation college student (neither biological parent has a bachelor's degree or higher).
- Be registered with the Student Disabilities Services office.
(Effective January 18, 2018 until further notice)
If you are unsure if you meet the above listed criteria, please fill out the Pre-Application Questionnaire so that our staff can evaluate your eligibility.
|Size of Family Unit||Taxable Income Levels
(Net Gross Income)