Council on Undergraduate Research
It's an exciting time for undergraduate research at Texas Tech University. The Center for Transformative Undergraduate Experiences (TrUE) continues to see growth in both the number of faculty seeking undergraduates with whom to work on their research and the number of students applying for funding to support research projects and/or travel to present their findings at state, national, and international conferences.
The TTU Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) has also experienced continuous growth, in both size and scope, and remains one of the largest interdisciplinary undergraduate research conferences in the nation.
Recently, Texas Tech further affirmed its commitment to undergraduate researchers by becoming an enhanced institutional member of the Council on Undergraduate Research. This membership provides a multitude of resources to our entire community (faculty, staff, and students) at no additional charge.
We invite you to become a member and take advantage of these resources and encourage faculty, staff, and students with whom you interact to do the same.
Benefits of TTU's CUR Membership
Benefits to TTU
- Unlimited individual memberships for faculty, students and staff members at no cost to the individual.
- Inside information on government relations, funding opportunities and breaking news.
- Access to the Registry of Undergraduate Researchers for Graduate School Recruitment ($1200 value).
- Discount on CUR Institute Registration fees, CUR Meeting Registration fees, and CUR consulting services. Access to CUR's online archive of Webinar Recordings and materials Participation in the Posters on the Hill.
- Public Notice. Information about your institution that is also related to CUR's mission can be posted on CUR's website and printed in CUR publications. CUR will also post press releases on your behalf to Newswise, a daily wire sent to over 4,000 journalists.
Benefits to institutional member representatives
- Electronic subscription to the CUR Quarterly.
- Major discounts to attend CUR's National Conference and CUR Dialogue.
- Free access to CUR hosted webinars.
- Access to information on funding opportunities, jobs, and other resources on the members' only portion of CUR's web site, in the monthly CUR E-newsletter and in the CUR Community.
- Eligibility to receive mentoring or pre-submission proposal reviews from colleagues in your discipline.
- The opportunity to develop and be recognized for leadership skills within the academic community by serving on CUR committees and on the General Council or participating in departmental consulting, speaking, and other leadership activities.