FIRST Tech Challenge Robotics
- FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) is designed for those who want to compete head to head, using a sports model.
- Teams of up to 10 students are responsible for designing, building, and programming their robots to compete in an alliance format against other teams.
- The robot kit is reusable from year-to-year and is programmed using a variety of languages.
- Teams, including coaches, mentors and volunteers, are required to develop strategy and build robots based on sound engineering principles.
- Awards are given for the competition as for well as for community outreach, design, and other real-world accomplishments.
Whitacre College of Engineering
Dr. Alan A. Barhorst
Project Time Period
Annually: September to March
Nationals: April to May
Target Age Group