South Plains Math & Science Competition
Texas Tech Student Chapter of
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Dr. Jeff Hanson
806.742.3563 x 276
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- This is an annual Math and Science Competition conducted in partnership with TAME
Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering)
- Competition is held on the Texas Tech University campus.
- Participation in this competition is a pre-requisite for competing in the TAME State Math & Science Competition held every Spring.
- This competition is open to any student in grades 6-12 in the South Plains area
- The competition is free.
- Middle and high school students compete in individual math and science tests and participate in an interactive engineering team design activity.
- In addition to testing student knowledge of math and science concepts, the competition promotes teamwork, leadership, and academic achievement.
- Registration is mandatory. Please contact sponsoring department for registration information.
- Visit www.tame.org/programs/mathscience for practice tests.