After You Have Been Admitted
Make sure to complete the following steps:
eRaider Username and Password:
- To gain access you will need to call 806-742-HELP. They will provide you with an access code to activate your account.
- Student's will only be contacted by their TTU e-mail account once classes begin. TTU e-mail accounts may be set up on http://eraider.ttu.edu. Students will login with their eRaider account, click on "Manage your eRaider account," and click on the Tech mail link. Please keep this email account professional. Most students use an address similar to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may check your mail by logging into mail.ttu.edu. The eRaider username and password will be used to gain access to your email account.
Housing and Meal Plan:
- Once you have been accepted as a provisional student and your eRaider has been established, you may log onto www.housing.ttu.edu to register for housing. TTAP students are highly encouraged to reside in our Learning Community located in Gates Halls. National research shows that students who live in Learning Communities tend to have a higher GPA and easier transition from high school to college.
- Benefits of the TTAP Learning Community include:
- Access to on-site tutoring
- Learn about campus and community resources to help you succeed
- Cultivate lasting relationships with faculty and peers
- Create study groups and motivate each other to attend class and complete assignments
- To learn more about the TTAP Learning Community and/or securing a housing assignment, please call (806) 742-2661. Please note that students that reside in the campus residence halls must also purchase a meal plan. Information on meal plans and dining on campus can be found at www.hospitality.ttu.edu.
- Texas Senate Bill 1107 requires that all students entering public, private, or independent institutions of higher education in Texas as of January 2012 and thereafter shall provide documentation that they have had a meningococcal (bacterial meningitis) vaccine or "booster" during the five year period prior to but no later than ten days before the first day of the first semester they enter the institution. In addition, all students born after 12/31/56 must show proof of 2 MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella) vaccinations during your lifetime.
- Immunization records may be E-mailed to your Academic Specialist, Faxed to: (806) 742-0280, or mailed to: TTAP Box 45062 Lubbock, Texas 79409.
- SPC and TTU both require proof of meningitis vaccination.
- Students who plan to bring a motor vehicle must register and purchase a permit to park in the designated residence hall lots or student parking lots. Permits may be purchased at www.parking.ttu.edu. Questions about parking permits may be directed to (806) 742- PARK (7275). A permit must be purchased prior to campus move-in or first day of class for those who qualify to live off campus.
Apply to South Plains College:
- It is important to remember that all TTAP students are full-time South Plains College students. The goal of the program is to develop an academically strong student that is prepared for transfer into a 4-year institution. This means that students must apply to South Plains College in order to be eligible for the program as all courses are taught by SPC. You can apply online by going to www.southplainscollege.edu otherwise you will need to contact SPC at (806) 894-9611. This needs to be done as soon as possible! Full acceptance to TTAP cannot be confirmed until you have been accepted to SPC.
Apply for Financial Aid:
- Students are encouraged to apply for financial aid AS SOON AS POSSIBLE through www.fafsa.ed.gov. When applying for financial aid, the awarding school must be South Plains College- school code 003611. Since your financial aid is designated to go to SPC, this would mean all financial aid, including private loans, should be sent to SPC. Financial aid cannot be awarded to two different schools. DO NOT seek Financial Aid through Texas Tech. This can create a delay in your funds. Separate financial arrangements must be made with TTU Student Business Services for housing and TTAP fees. This will be discussed in detail during the TTAP orientation.
- All students must attend a TTAP orientation prior to the first day of class. Parents are more than welcome to attend orientation with their student. Please try and limit two guests per student for orientation. You will not be staying on campus, so make sure to plan accordingly. Click on the Orientation Registration link to access the orientation dates available.
- Please note: As a South Plains College student, you are NOT ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND RED RAIDER ORIENTATION. Red Raider Orientation will be required upon successful completion of the TTAP and transfer at the end of the semester.
- South Plains College requires all students to have a copy of your final High School
transcripts and any college transcripts on file. Upon graduation, please make sure
your High School will mail your official High School transcripts directly to:
- South Plains College
Student Support Center
ATTN: Marsha Hargrove
819 Gilbert Drive
Lubbock, Texas 79416
- South Plains College