Elementary School Curriculum
The early years of a child's educational journey are very important. During this time, children discover the joys of learning and experience great emotional and physical development. This time should be fun and full of new and exciting things. With TTU K-12, children will experience a diverse collection of academic resources and tools including literature classics, and hands-on science activities.
Elementary School Overview
- The elementary curriculum focuses on four disciplines:
- Language Arts/Reading
- Social Studies
- Each course consists of two semesters, and each semester course offers 75 days of instruction.
- Courses may be purchased as a grade-level set or as a combination of grade-level courses to accommodate the needs of multi-level students.
- Full-time enrollment status is maintained through a student's academic progress in a minimum of four courses.
- Students interested in the elementary STAAR exams should contact the Elementary Principal or District Testing Coordinator.
- Most courses require students to purchase textbooks or other required materials at an additional cost.
Example Full-Time Course Plan
|Semester One||Semester Two|
|English Language Arts / Reading 1A||English Language Arts / Reading 1B|
|Math 1A||Math 1B|
|Science 1A||Science 1B|
|Social Studies 1A||Social Studies 1B|
Elementary Credit By Exams (CBE)
- Students taking CBEs for acceleration will need to take each of the four elementary exams, Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies, for the respective grade level.
- Individual CBEs may be taken to recover credit for a specific course.
- Students should always check with the elementary principal before enrolling in a CBE.
For more information about TTU K-12's Elementary program or Texas State Assessments, please contact:
- Jeff Oldham - Elementary & Middle School Principal
Phone: (806) 834‑7764
- Pam Butler - TTU K-12 Testing Coordinator
Phone: (806) 834-0999
- Pre-Admission Form
- Graduation Requirements
- High School
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- Enrollment Process
- Course Tuition and Fees
- Credit by Exams (CBEs)
- TTU K-12 Scholarship
- State Assessments
- Student Handbook
- Program Guide
- Homeschool Solutions