Middle School Curriculum
As students progress into the next phase of their academic career, our middle school program challenges them to become more disciplined and forms the foundation for high school.
Middle School Overview
- Full‑time middle school students must take the required courses for each grade level.
- Academically strong seventh grade students may enroll in Pre‑Algebra in preparation to take Algebra I in eighth grade to receive high school credit.
- Students may also begin foreign language studies in eighth grade for high school credit.
- If a student enrolls in or completes a high school course, such as Algebra I, after Jan. 1, 2012, they will be required to take the corresponding End‑of‑Course (EOC) exam for that course.
- Students interested in the middle school STARR exams should contact the Middle School Principal or District Testing Coordinator.
- Students have two opportunities to take a Credit by Exam to test out of certain subjects.
- Full‑time enrollment status is maintained through a student's academic progress in a minimum of four courses.
- Most courses require students to purchase textbooks or other required materials at an additional cost.
Full‑Time Required Courses by Grade Level
|Sixth Grade||Seventh Grade||Eighth Grade|
|English Language Arts / Reading - 2 semesters||English Language Arts / Reading - 2 semesters||English Language Arts / Reading - 2 semesters|
|Math - 2 semesters||Math - 2 semesters||Math - 2 semesters|
|Science - 2 semesters||Science - 2 semesters||Science - 2 semesters|
|Social Studies - 2 semesters||Social Studies - 2 semester||Social Studies - 2 semesters|
|Students are required to take Art in Middle School. TTUISD offers Art at the sixth, seventh and eighth grade levels.|
For more information regarding TTUISD's Middle School Program or the related Texas State Assessments, please contact:
- Jeff Oldham - Elementary & Middle School Principal
Phone: (806) 834‑7764
- Pam Butler - TTUISD Testing Coordinator
Phone: (806) 834‑0999
- Pre-Admission Form
- Graduation Requirements
- High School
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- Enrollment Process
- Course Tuition and Fees
- Credit by Exams (CBEs)
- TTUISD Scholarship
- State Assessments
- Student Handbook
- TTUISD Program Guide
- Homeschool Solutions