Exams (course final exams and Credit by Exams) require supervision from an approved proctor in order to maintain the integrity and validity of the exam. Students will designate a proctor when they request the final exam for a course or when they enroll in a CBE.
Guidelines for identifying an approved proctor
- For students enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited public/private/charter school other than TTU K-12 (Supplemental students): the school counselor, principal, or superintendent must proctor the exams. If approved by the local school, students can take exams at a community college or university testing center.
- For students enrolled in TTU K-12's full-time program (Texas Tech Elementary, Middle or High School) as a full-time student: refer to the
student handbook for approved proctor guidelines or contact your advisor. Possible
proctors include the following:
- Public or accredited private school administrators, counselors, or teachers
- College, university, or private testing centers
- Public librarian; or
- Certified retired teacher, counselor, or administrator (a copy of the person's professional
certificate will be required).
- For students who are homeschooled and not enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited public/private/charter school or TTU K-12's full-time program: a college or private testing center must proctor the exams.
- For international students contact TTU K-12 for testing/proctor options.
Finding a Proctor
- A proctor from a non-accredited school cannot be used.
- A proctor who is related to the student taking the exam or who has been the tutor of the student taking the exam cannot be used.
- Please notify the proctor in advance.
- Failure to obtain the proctor's approval could delay taking the exam.
- Proctors may charge a fee for proctoring an exam; students should verify fees and payment policy before scheduling an exam.
- When requesting a final exam or enrolling in a CBE, students will need to provide
the following proctor information to TTU K-12:
- Name and title
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
If a student requests a proctor who cannot proctor an exam, there will be a $25 proctor exchange fee for TTU K-12 to process and send the exam to a new proctor.
Becoming a Proctor
Please contact TTU K-12 for questions regarding becoming an approved proctor.