Texas Assessments of Knowledge and Skills: Students who entered ninth grade prior to school year 2011-12 are required to take the TAKS Exit Level exam to meet Texas graduation requirements. TAKS XL is an online exam to be administered three times each year – Fall, Spring, Summer.
TAKS Testing Calendars are provided by the Texas Education Agency.
Students Residing in Texas
- Online registration for "Out-of-School" testing is available 8-10 weeks prior to test dates. The testing location will be chosen from a list of test sites on the registration website.
- Full time TTUISD students should indicate Texas Tech University High School Diploma Program on the registration form and notify the TTUISD Testing Coordinator for TAKS of their registration.
- The County-District-Campus Code for Texas Tech High School is 152-504-001.
Students Outside of Texas
- Students residing outside of Texas should contact the TTUISD District Testing Coordinator to discuss the process for out-of-state testing.
- Students will need to locate a proctor for approval and submit the required paperwork and fees to TTUISD at least 8 weeks prior to the test dates.
Photo ID Required
- Students must present a photo ID at the testing location.
- Acceptable ID includes a state-issued Driver's License, Department of Public Safety ID, or TTUISD Student ID.
- Full-time TTUISD students can request a student ID by submitting the Student ID Card Request/ Identity Verification Form.
Additional TAKS Resources
- The Texas Education Agency provides TAKS Resources and Study Guides, as well as Released Tests to help students prepare for the TAKS exams.
- CDC County-District-Campus Code Numbers for TTUISD:
- Texas Tech Elementary School: 152-504-101
- Texas Tech Middle School: 152-504-041
- Texas Tech High School: 152-504-001
- Testing Calendars are available on the Student Assessment section of the Texas Education Agency website.
- Pam Butler, TTUISD District Testing Coordinator
- Pre-Admission Form
- Graduation Requirements
- High School
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- Enrollment Process
- Course Tuition and Fees
- Credit by Exams (CBEs)
- TTUISD Scholarship
- State Assessments
- Student Handbook
- TTUISD Program Guide
- Homeschool Solutions