Let Us Help You Plan Your Next Short Course or Conference!
Need help with registration? We are here to help! We can assist in collecting your registration fees for your entire conference or provide assistance in the areas of your choice.
Please contact our office for fees.
- Custom on-line registration form
- Collection and deposit of registration fees (checks, cash, money orders)
- Processing of credit card charges, purchase orders, and interdepartmental fund transfers
- Fee refund processing
- Phone, fax, mail, or online registrations
- Enrollment confirmations
- Comprehensive participant lists
- Attendee rosters and databases
Continuing Education Units:
CEU credits can be awarded for your conference. Please contact our office for fees.
We ensure program accreditation from professional association and state boards, and upon program completion, award Continuing Education Units or Professional Development Hours. We manage the awarding, processing, and record maintenance of CEUs Certificates, Grade Reports, Reporting, Transcripts and Recordkeeping.
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-2191
Phone: 806.742.7202, ext. 270
Recommended Step-by-Step Guide To Planning A Short Course or Conference
Step 1: Begin planning your course or conference months ahead. This is especially crucial if you plan to apply for supplemental program funding through grants or corporate sponsorships.
Step 2: Set the tentative dates, time, and location, and other details of your program.
- Date, time, and place of registration.
- Course or conference fees.
- Registration deadlines for early bird discounts, late fees, authors, etc.
- Elective items: Special events, meals, tours.
Step 3: To obtain the most effective service through our office, contact our office within the following time frame:
- Short Courses: 6 to 9 months prior to the proposed date.
- National Conferences: 12-15 months prior to the proposed date.
- International Conferences: 18 – 36 months prior to the proposed date.
Step 4: Develop a preliminary budget giving consideration to the following items:
- Expected attendance.
- Course or conference registration fees.
- Early bird discounts, late fees.
- Sponsor income.
- Vendor income.
- Type of facilities and Equipment desired.
- Speaker Honoraria and Travel.
- Costs for Special Events such as welcome receptions, awards banquets, field trips and tours, social gatherings, and committee meetings.
- Any other income and expenses.