The Center for Undergraduate Research
Is committed to the discovery and advancement of knowledge, creating intellectual and personal development, and stimulating and inspiring meaningful research and service for both faculty and students.
How Can The Center for Undergraduate Research Help Students?
- Provide direction and support for undergraduate students interested in conducting research with a faculty mentor
- Host educational workshops for students targeted at organizing, conducting, and presenting research, preparing for graduate school, and graduate admission testing preparation
- Create collaborations and dialogues to support faculty, staff, and organizations engaged in undergraduate research initiatives
- Host the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference annually on the TTU campus. The conference provides an opportunity for undergraduate researchers to present their research to the campus community
- Recognize outstanding undergraduate researchers & faculty mentors during an annual spring banquet
What is Undergraduate Research?
- An inquiry or investigation conducted by an undergraduate student that makes an original intellectual or creative contribution to the discipline. As defined by the Council on Undergraduate Research
- Provides an opportunity to learn more about a particular field of interest through rigorous research
- Allows students to test and apply new theories that often solve pressing, real-world problems
How Conducting Undergraduate Research Benefits You
- Enhances student learning through mentoring relationships
- Allows students to explore an understanding of research methodology
- Creates and promotes an innovation-oriented culture
- Provides effective career preparation
- Increases student retention rates and enrollment in graduate education
How to Get Started
- Determine your research interest and commitment
- Register through the Center for Undergraduate Research website undergraduateresearch.ttu.edu to receive helpful information, and research updates throughout the semester
- Visit the Center to meet with staff to guide you through the research process
- Explore local and national undergraduate research possibilities through the Center's website
- Attend the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference each spring to see what research other students are involved in