Lone Star Graduate Diversity Colloquium
Lone Star Graduate Diversity Colloquium (LSGDC), March 30-31, 2012 hosted at the University of North Texas.
The Colloquium will provide undergraduate & graduate students an opportunity to network with fellow students & graduate schools from across the state of Texas. As part of the Closing the Gaps Initiative, the colloquium is designed to encourage more underrepresented minorities, women, and first generation college students currently enrolled at Texas colleges and universities to stay in Texas to complete their graduate education.
The Colloquium will host conference sessions including ‘How to’
Represent Texas Tech at the LSGDC!
Texas Tech University will fund a limited number of students to attend the event – Applications must be submitted by February 17th, 2012. Funding for selected applicants will cover: bus transportation to/from the colloquium, hotel, most meals, and registration fees. Student travel is provided by the TTU Center for Undergraduate Research, Graduate School, and the Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement.Find the Center for Undergraduate Research on Facebook for details!
- Complete an online application to represent Texas Tech at the Lone Star Graduate Diversity Colloquium
What can you expect to do at the Lone Star Graduate Diversity Colloquium?
- Participate in numerous college-specific pre-colloquium activities and events.
- Attend workshops that will provide information about financing your graduate education, applying graduate school, and preparing for entrance exams.
- Learn about the importance and value of undergraduate research experiences.
- Meet current graduate students and faculty who can provide guidance that will aid in your success in a master’s, doctoral or professional program.
- Browse a graduate school fair comprised of a variety of Texas graduate schools, professional schools and departments, and program.
Contact the Texas Tech University Center for Undergraduate Research
Find CUR on