Mandatory tutoring is enforced for students not meeting academic standards. Students with a grade below 85 will be REQUIRED to attend tutoring for the entire upcoming 6-week period until the next report card is provided to Upward Bound.
Students may be removed from mandatory tutoring if they provide a progress report from the teacher demonstrating they have improved their grade to 85 or higher.
Non-mandatory tutoring may be available for those who have met academic standards by appointment only. Contact UB Main Office 806-742-3616 to check for availability.
Subjects Available for Tutoring
Math: Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, Trigonometry
English: Composition, Literature, History, Government
Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy & Physiology
Foreign Language: Spanish
Free Online Tutoring Available for TTU Upward Bound Students
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, TTU Upward Bound Programs will offer 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math – Algebra, Algebra II, Basic Math, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry.
- Science – Basic, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science.
- Liberal Arts – Grammar, Literature, Social Studies.
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics (3pm – midnight every day).
- Real-time Writing Support.
- En Espanol – Math, Science and Social Studies.
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
How to Access:
- Click on the graphic "Connect" above.
- Sign in with your username/password [usn: your email you provided/psw: ttu14ub].
- Scroll over the relevant Tutoring Center and select your subject to be connected to a tutor.
- After you will work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook.
- Review your session again at any time.
- Save your tutor as a "Favorite".
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session:
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.