All applicants must be Texas or New Mexico residents. Applicant evaluation forms must be received by TMDSAS by the closing date for applications. Applicants can check the TMDSAS website via the “Check Status” tab for receipt of documents.
Application deadlines must be followed. No exceptions will be made to these deadlines.
- Applicants must submit an application and applicant evaluation forms through the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS).
- A supplemental application must be entered through a TTU SVM web portal.
- Official transcripts must be submitted via postal mail directly to: TMDSAS, P.O. Box 2175, Austin, TX 78768.
Note: all deadline times are in Central Daylight Time (CDT) zone.
- TMDSAS fees – Please refer to TMDSAS website for due dates for payment of fees by credit card, cashier's check, money order, or electronic funds transfer.
- TTU SVM fees – submit your supplemental application fee to the SVM through the TTU SVM web portal.
Selection Process for Interviews:
The selection of students for admission interviews will be conducted by the TTU SVM Admissions Committee and will be a holistic process that balances each applicant's academic metrics, attributes, and life experience relative to the goal of our program of graduating students who will serve rural and regional communities of Texas. In selecting candidates to review for interviews, an applicant must have a minimum 2.9 overall GPA and a minimum 2.9 science GPA. Grades will not be factored after meeting these minimum standards when selecting students for interview or acceptance.
Once applicants are granted an interview, factors other than grades will be used for the selection of candidates, such as likelihood of service to rural and regional Texas, personal attributes, life experience, and meeting the mission and fostering the core values of the SVM.