The Texas Tech University School of Veterinary Medicine strives to meet the current and future needs of Texas and its citizens through a commitment to excellence in:
- Providing high-quality, affordable veterinary medical education that emphasizes One Health principles and general veterinary practice in rural and regional communities across the major domestic species;
- Delivering veterinary medical education using an integrated core-elective curriculum both on our campus and through our community-based partners;
- Engaged scholarship that enriches students' educational experience, instills life-long learning skills, and discovers and translates new knowledge that benefits animals, humans, and our ecosystem health, the profession, and society more broadly;
- Providing opportunities for advanced graduate education and research, and clinical training in internships and residencies;
- Empowering faculty, staff and students to engage in service that enhances our community-based partners, their clients, patients, and communities, the wider veterinary profession, and the citizens of Texas and beyond; and
- Delivering innovative life-long education programs for our graduates, practice partners, the wider veterinary community, and our stakeholders.