National Energetic Materials Consortium
This inaugural meeting is a forum for university and industry experts interested in energetic materials and additive manufacturing innovation. At this inaugural meeting, academic and private sector partners will have opportunities to exchange information on a range of specialized topics relevant to cutting-edge research and new technologies, and discuss the latest developments emerging in their fields.
- Strategic Roundtable – kickoff evening discussion with university leaders
- Keynote Address – by nationally recognized leadership in energetic materials research and development
- State of the Art in Research Seminars – presentations by university and industry representatives on the latest knowledge and technologies
- Project and Technology Posters & Displays – visual showcase of unique work offered by scholars, researchers, and students (see call for poster abstracts below)
- Innovation Caucuses – spaces made available for small-group meetings and networking to encourage joint collaboration that will advance knowledge on energetic materials and additive manufacturing (onsite signup).
Registration and an opening reception will begin approximately 5:00 pm CDT on Monday, October 12. The concluding session will end around noon on Wednesday, October 14.
The National Energetic Materials Consortium (NEMC) has been formed by leading universities across the nation to combine the science and technology resources of the academic community with the manufacturing resources of private industry. The aim of the consortium is to bring potentially disruptive but critically needed innovation to the energetics sector of the national technological industrial base. This consortium among university and industry partners will allow for a rapid transition of new materials to a modernized industrial base. Superior energetic materials are in development that can enhance the range, effectiveness, survivability, and scalable performance effects required by our modern energetics and manufacturing systems. This inaugural consortium event, hosted by Texas Tech University, will galvanize these efforts across the nation.
Deadline October 1, 2015
Registration is required. consortium participation is complementary. Attendees are responsible for travel expenses incurred, including meals not provided by the consortium. Sponsors are being sought to host continental breakfast, lunch, reception fare, and an optional networking dinner that will follow the fist day's program. Sponsors will receive a table space to exhibit and display their information. To register, go to our registration page.
This is an open meeting. All presenters and attendees are responsible for abiding by all applicable federal export control regulations regarding their own materials and research.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 12
5:00 – 8:00 pm Registration, Opening Address, Roundtable; Welcome Cocktail Social
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13
8:00 – 8:30 Coffee, Juice, Pastries
8:30am – 12:30 pm State of the Art Consortium Presentations
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Buffet
1:00 – 4:35 pm State of the Art Consortium Presentations
4:50 – 6:00 pm Keynote Address
6:00 – 7:30 pm Project Posters & Technology Display; Hors d'oeuvres Reception
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14
8:00 – 8:30 Coffee, Juice, Pastries
8:30 – 10:30 am State of the Art Consortium Presentations
10:45am – 12:30 pm Keynote Panel on Future Directions
Please reference "Energetics Conference at Texas Tech" when booking. Deadline for hotel reservations at the listed consortium rates is September 28.
A block of rooms has been held at:
- Overton Hotel & Conference Center: To make a reservation visit this website or call (806) 776-7000). Room rates are $119 for conference guests.
- MCM Elegante: (806) 763-1200 Room rates are between $85-$129 for conference guests.
The Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport (LBB) is located at 5401 N Martin L King Blvd, Lubbock, TX 79403 and is approximately a 20 minute drive to the conference location and hotels (transportation options below).
Each hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to/from LBB every half hour, upon request.
Hotel shuttle service to conference may be available from, when not in use.
Texas Tech has arranged to provide a shuttle for guests staying at the Overton or MCM Elegante at half past and on the hour; and from MCM Eleganté at 15 and 45 after the hour. Return trips will leave Innovation Hub as needed. Our shuttles will operate during the following times:
- Oct. 12 — Pickup 4:30-5:30 pm, Return 7:00-8:15 pm
- Oct. 13 — Pickup 7:30-8:30 am, Return 6:15-8:00 pm
- Oct. 14 — Pickup 7:30 am, Return 12:30-1:00 pm
3911 4th Street, Lubbock, TX
Thanks to our co-sponsors ORAU, Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC and Orbital ATK.
Host: Dr. Robert V. Duncan, Senior Vice President for Research, Texas Tech University
Technical Organizing Committee: Michelle Pantoya (Chair), Todd Anderson, Weilong Cong, Louisa Hope-Weeks, Brandon Weeks.
For additional details on the conference or general inquiries please email email@example.com or call 806-742-3905.