Norman Hackerman Advanced Research Program (NHARP)
September 27, 2013
The Coordinating Board posted a new Request for Application (RFA) for the Norman Hackerman Advanced Research Program (NHARP) on its website at http://www.THECB.state.tx.us/NHARP. NHARP is funded with an appropriation of $1,000,000 for the 2014-2015 biennium. Some significant program components are listed below:
- Maximum award is $100,000 for the two-year grant period
- Targeted research areas are basic research in:
- Energy and the Environment
- There are no limits on the number of pre-proposals that institutions may submit. If the statewide number of pre-proposals exceeds 150, then institutions will be asked to select a smaller number of pre-proposals submitted to go forward to review. The smaller number will be based on a proportional share of statewide pre-proposal submissions
- Only “Early Career Investigators” may submit a proposal
- Principal investigators are limited to one submission
- Notice of intent and pre-proposal are required for each proposal
- Budget cannot include faculty summer salaries
An “Early Career Investigator” is defined as a non-tenured, tenure track faculty member or a research professional (not including post-doctoral students, research assistants/associates, or instructors) from an eligible institution who has been employed at the institution in that capacity for not less than two years and not more than five years, as of the pre-proposal submission date.
LAST DAY FOR NOTICE OF INTENT: October 31, 2013, 5:00 PM C.T.
Eligible faculty who are new to TTU in the past two years are required to register with the NHARP online system. Eligible faculty or staff who already have an NHARP login are required to login to the NHARP online system and update their information. NHARP online system: https://www1.thecb.state.tx.us/apps/NHARP/
Once you have registered (or updated), ORS will verify your eligibility and the online pre-proposal willl be open to you.
PRE-PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 31, 2013, 5:00 PM C.T.
The full version of the request for applications (RFA) is available on thr THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/NHARPView NHARP Frequently Asked Questions Download NHARP Deadlines