Texas Tech University: Office of Research Services

Project Transfer

Project transfer can be an unexpectedly lengthy process and could take months to finalize. The first thing you should do is inform the program director of your intended move to see if the project can be transferred. Not all projects can be moved.

Transferring projects to Texas Tech from another institution requires the following steps:

1. Stop work and discontinue expenditure at your previous institution.

2. Contact the Proposal Team in the Texas Tech Office of Research Services (ORS) as soon as possible so that a transfer request can be processed. The following will be needed:

3. After your previous institution has submitted both a relinquishment letter and a final financial report, the Texas Tech Proposal Team will submit a transfer request to the sponsor. The transfer request will include:

Office of Research Services

Office of Research Services
349 Administration
Box 41035 | MS 1035
Lubbock, TX 79409-1035
(806) 742-3884 ofc | (806) 742-3892 fax