Research Development Team (RDT)
The Research Development Team (RDT) within the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) will advance Texas Tech University's mission of becoming a great national research university in the public interest through multidisciplinary and multi-institutional collaborations, strategic research advancement, and submission of large and complex research proposals.
New Faculty Assistance
RDT will assist faculty in getting started on the road to research by providing resources and assisting in creating a profile for COS/Pivot, the most comprehensive source of global funding opportunities. Pivot information is updated daily and sends alerts whenever new funding opportunities are posted that match saved searches. To have an RDT member come to your office to assist you, send a request by email to email@example.com.
Multidisciplinary Collaborations and Strategic Research Advancement
One of the goals of the Research Development Team is to increase collaboration between
researchers in order to leverage our campus research strengths and partnerships. By
bringing together researchers from across TTU, statewide, nationally and internationally,
RDT fosters new and innovative initiatives that increase competitiveness and move
TTU to the forefront of top research universities. To accomplish this goal, RDT:
- Facilitates collaborations between research groups to increase submission of multi- and inter-disciplinary proposals valued at $1 million or more.
- Coordinates catalytic research events, seminars and workshops to help expand the knowledge base, develop partnerships and increase cooperation and collaboration.
- Assists in developing new on-campus research working groups.
We offer early-stage proposal development assistance for large-scale, center-like proposals:
- Developing timelines, checklists and managing the proposal development process.
- Organizing, managing and attending team meetings.
- Assisting with coordination and communication between the project team and the Office of Research Services (ORS), as well as the project team and external partners.
- Providing high-level proposal review and feedback to ensure that all of the sponsor requirements are met.
- Connecting faculty with editors knowledgeable in grant writing to assess the readability,
clarity, and organization of the proposal
- Assisting with resubmissions by reviewing agency evaluations and providing feedback
to adapt and modify proposals to be more competitive.
RDT identifies limited submission opportunities through internet searches, web services and historical opportunities. We manage the limited submission competitions that are posted on the Limited Submission webpage and recruit reviewers to determine the best candidates for limited proposal submissions.
SCAN Sessions (Swift Critique Appraisal & Notation Sessions)
RDT will meet with you to discuss the reviewer comments for your declined proposal and help you strategize for a successful resubmission. To get started, send your rejected narrative along with the reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding Opportunity Announcements
RDT will help you set up automatic grant opportunity announcements tailored to your research expertise and interests. To get started, send a request by email to email@example.com.
How Are We Doing?
We would like to hear from you! Please take this short survey to let us know how we can better help you.