Resources for Researchers
- Animal Care and Use Committee - Animal Care Services (IACUC) facilitates the use of animals in research and teaching
at Texas Tech University while assuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Cancer Research Community Database - A convenient way to find researchers involved in various fields of cancer research.
- Centers & Institutes - Texas Tech houses more than 50 recognized centers and institutes dedicated to enhancing
- Core Facilities - A number of core facilities and other resources are available across the TTU and
TTUHSC campuses to assist faculty members in their research.
- Councils & Compliance Committees - The following is a list of councils and compliance committees overseen by the Office
of the Vice President for Research.
- Data Management - Provided by the TTU Libraries, includes resources for data management as well as
updates on new requirements for NSF grants. Part of the web site for scholarly communications.
- Environmental Health & Safety - The Institutional Biosafety & Hazardous Materials Committee assists biological
and chemical research and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Experts Guide - Search the TTU Experts Guide by name or keyword to find experts in a specific area
- Faculty Proposal Development Program (FPDP) - The Faculty Proposal Development Program (FPDP) is a nine-month program for faculty
interested in writing successful grant proposals.
- Financial Disclosure - Information and forms regarding discosure of any significant financial interests
that may represent an actual or potential conflict of interest in relationship to
externally sponsored projects.
- Funding Resources - Find internal and external funding opportunities, including limited submissions
and funding announcements.
- Guide to Research - This document is a detailed guide through the research process from beginning to
- TTU Health Sciences Center Research - Provides resources and information about research at the Texas Tech University
Health Sciences Center.
- TTU Health Sciences Center Faculty by Research Area - Provides research area-specific information for individuals at the Texas Tech University
Health Sciences Center.
- HRPP/IRB - The Institutional Review Board (IRB) protects the rights and welfare of human subjects
who participate in research involving Texas Tech University personnel, resources and/or
facilities by reviewing human research carried out at the university.
- Obesity Research Cluster - A collaborative initiative between TTU and TTUHSC to develop interdisciplinary
basic clinical and community translational research to prevent and treat Obesity along
with its related complications.
- Office of Research Services (ORS) - The Office of Research Services assists university faculty and staff in the development
and submission of research proposals and in the management of sponsored projects.
- Research in the Colleges - Find links to research areas in the various colleges at TTU.
- Research Integrity & RCR - Find information on TTU policies and responsible conduct of research as well as
other helpful resources regarding research integrity.
- Sponsored Programs Accounting and Reporting (SPAR) - SPAR supports the teaching, learning, research and public service missions of TTU
by providing financial administration, compliance, and other support services for
sponsored project funds.
- TTU Transdisciplinary Research Academy (TTUTRA) - A group designed to bring people with diverse interests together to explore questions
that have a global impact and intersect with the strategic research themes established
by the university.
- Undergraduate Research - Looking for undergraduate research resources? Texas Tech offers several programs
that can help students find the best opportunities to pursue their aspirations of
becoming an undergraduate researcher.