Resources for Researchers
- Accounting Services- Accounting Services supports the teaching, learning, research and public service
missions of TTU by providing financial administration, compliance, and other support
services for sponsored project funds.
- Animal Care and Use Committee - Animal Care Services (IACUC) facilitates the use of animals in research and teaching
at Texas Tech University while assuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Centers & Institutes - Texas Tech houses more than 50 recognized centers and institutes dedicated to enhancing
- Core Facilities - A number of core facilities and other resources are available across the TTU and
TTUHSC campuses to assist faculty members in their research.
- Councils & Compliance Committees - The following is a list of councils and compliance committees overseen by the Office
of the Vice President for Research.
- Data Management - Provided by the TTU Libraries, includes resources for data management as well as
updates on new requirements for NSF grants. Part of the website for scholarly communications.
- Environmental Health & Safety - The Institutional Biosafety & Hazardous Materials Committee assists biological
and chemical research and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Experts Guide - Search the TTU Experts Guide by name or keyword to find experts in a specific area
- Financial Disclosure - Information and forms regarding disclosure of any significant financial interests
that may represent an actual or potential conflict of interest in relationship to
externally sponsored projects.
- Funding Resources - Find internal and external funding opportunities, including limited submissions
and funding announcements.
- Guide to Research - This document is a detailed guide through the research process from beginning to
- TTU Health Sciences Center Research - Provides resources and information about research at the Texas Tech University
Health Sciences Center.
- HRPP/IRB - The Institutional Review Board (IRB) protects the rights and welfare of human subjects
who participate in research involving Texas Tech University personnel, resources and/or
facilities by reviewing human research carried out at the university.
- Limited Submissions - Federal, State and private funding agencies occasionally limit the number of proposals
and/or applications submitted by an organization in response to a given funding opportunity.
As needed, the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) will initiate an internal
limited submission competition in order to comply with this agency requirement.
- Obesity Research Cluster - A collaborative initiative between TTU and TTUHSC to develop interdisciplinary
basic clinical and community translational research to prevent and treat Obesity along
with its related complications.
- Office of Research Commercialization (ORC) - The ORC works with researchers and business partners to translate research discoveries
into commercial applications and successfully bring them to the marketplace.
- Office of Research Services (ORS) - The Office of Research Services assists university faculty and staff in the development
and submission of research proposals and in the management of sponsored projects.
- Research Integrity & RCR - Find information on TTU policies and responsible conduct of research as well as
other helpful resources regarding research integrity.
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR)
Resource Center - The federal SBIR/STTR programs provide funds for early-stage research and development
at small U.S. businesses. For those looking to commercialize innovation, Small Business
Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR)
grants are important options to consider.
- Start-Up Request Guidelines - Start-up request negotiations must be for an individual; requests will not be considered
for positions. The start-up request form must be completed and routed for approval
and signatures prior to confirming a faculty offer.
- TTU Transdisciplinary Research Academy (TTUTRA) - A group designed to bring people with diverse interests together to explore questions
that have a global impact and intersect with the strategic research themes established
by the university.
- Undergraduate Research - Looking for undergraduate research resources? Texas Tech offers several programs
that can help students find the best opportunities to pursue their aspirations of
becoming an undergraduate researcher.