New Faculty Resource Launched for Export Control
The Office of the VP for Research has launched a new resource to help faculty navigate the complex system of export compliance regulations. The "Export Control" resource is located under the "Responsible Research" tab on the OVPR website.
Researchers will find the following information:
- When to ask for assistance with research activities that take you, your research results, or university equipment to other countries
- Lists of Export Controlled Items
- Descriptions of export-related terms and links to federal agency information
- A matrix of recommended training modules for all staff featuring CITI mini-courses and instructions on how to access the courses
- General Resources
- Export control myths such as "Everything I do is fundamental research and therefore not subject to export controls."
- Recommended steps for researchers, and
- Best practices for academics traveling abroad, including how to protect your research and data while in foreign countries.
Please direct any questions to Jennifer Horn.