November 5, 2015
IRB Initiates New Electronic Human Subjects Protocol Submission Process
The Institutional Review Board is changing their protocol submission process early in the spring 2016 semester to become part of the Cayuse 424 system. Training sessions are available to explain how it all works. Learn more >>
November Faculty Research Club Meeting
Faculty Research Club meetings are intended to stimulate interdisciplinary research, promote informal discussions about research, disseminate information about campus resources to faculty. This month's topics range from weather modification, printmaking arts, ancient buffalo hunters, and natural history collections. Learn more >>
Important Dates for Core and Multicultural Curriculum and Course Change
Several deadlines are around the corner for submissions involving core curriculum and multicultural proposals. If you're submitting changes or proposals, please make sure you have everything in order. Read more >>
NSF Launch Survey on Investigators and Reviewers
An online survey of investigators and reviewers has been launched by the National Science Foundation (NSF). The survey is intended to help NSF to learn more about the impact of its merit review process on proposers and reviewers. Read more >>
Changes Coming to NIH & AHRQ Application Processes
The National Institutes of Health and the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality announced several changes in their application processes. Learn more >>
The Free Sharing of Ideas
Challenges and opportunities arise in the world of peer-reviewed research and unpublished data. Read more >>
- Learn About International Entrepreneurship and Global Innovation for West Texas
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Texas Tech University Innovation Hub (3911 4th Street, Lubbock, TX)
Kirstie Chadwick, president and CEO of the International Business Innovation Association, a global non-profit serving more than 2,100 business incubators, technology accelerators and economic development agencies across 60 countries;
Sid Vinyard, founder and chairman, Houston Technology Center – Asia + Middle East, an organization working to identify emerging and start-up technologies and entrepreneurs, and assisting with innovation, incubation, acceleration, commercialization, and market introduction in the US, Asia and the Middle East.
For more information, contact Eli Velasquez.
- SBIR/STTR Innovation Summit
Attendees will learn from and network with SBIR/STTR leaders and program experts on how to gain access to the $2.5 Billion of non-diluted annual capital, the largest early stage seed funding in the world. Texas Tech participants receive a 10% discount with code 15TXTECH. Register here >>
Targeted Faculty Award Deadlines
- Newberry Library Long-term Fellows
Deadline: Nov. 15
- Blavatnick Awards for Young Scientists
Deadline: Nov. 18
- National Medal of Science
Deadline: Apr. 27
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellows
Deadline: Apr. 28
- Edith and Peter O'Donnell Awards (TAMEST)
Deadline: Apr. 30
Please see the Faculty Targeted Awards page for upcoming award deadlines.
- NINDS Neuroscience Development for Advancing the Careers of a Diverse Research Workforce
Internal Deadline: Nov. 9
- FY 2016 Special Professional Fellows Program for Latin America and the Caribbean
Internal Deadline: Nov. 10
- Fundamental Research Program for Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers
Internal Deadline: Nov. 12
- Outstanding New Environmental Scientist (ONES) Award
Internal Deadline: Nov. 13
- NIH Director's Early Independence Awards
Internal Deadline: Nov. 16
- Cultivating Cultures for Ethical STEM
Internal Deadline: Nov. 18
- Human Rights and Labor Request for Statements of Interest DRL FY15 Internet Freedom
Annual Program Statement
Internal Deadline: Nov. 24
- International Centers of Excellence for Malaria Research
Internal Deadline: Jan. 12
- Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program
Internal Deadline: Jan. 20
- Diabetes Research Centers Core Grant
Internal Deadline: Feb. 23
Please watch the Limited Submissions page for upcoming internal notice of intent deadlines.
Community of Science: Community of Science Pivot provides funding opportunities from federal sources as well as foundations.
Funding Opportunities: A listing of external and internal funding opportunities is available on the OVPR's Funding Resources website.
Scholarly Messenger is sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of the Provost.