Lianfa Song - Assosciate Professor
Lianfa Song, Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-1022
Fax: (806) 742-3449
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, UCLA, 1993
- M.S., Environmental Science, Peking University, China, 1984
- B.S., Physical Geography and Environmental Science, Peking University, China, 1982
- Texas Tech University, Associate Professor, 2007-Present, full time
- National University of Singapore, Assistant Professor (2000-02), Associate Professor, 2000-2007, full time
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Assistant Professor, 1996-2000, full time
- UCLA, Postdoctoral Researcher, 1993-94, full time
- Beijing Normal University, Lecturer, 1984-89, full time
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee, Research Associate, 1995-96, full time.
Honors and Awards
- Invited speaker, 2008 IWA North American Membrane Research Conference, Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Keynote speaker, Leading-edge Strategies and Technologies for Sustainable Urban Water Management, Hong Kong.
- Invited speaker, International Congress on Membranes and Membrane Processes (ICOM), Seoul, Korea.
- Award for student paper competition (graduate student S. Ma) at the 14th North American Membrane Society Annual Meeting, Jackson Hole, WY.
- Award for student paper competition (graduate student K. L. Chen) at the 13th North American Membrane Society Annual Meeting, Long Beach, CA.
- Reviewer for Scholarly Journals: Environmental Science & Technology, Journal of Membrane Science, Journal of Environmental Engineering, Water Environment Research, Water Research, Desalination, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, Environmental Engineering Science, Chemical Engineering Communications, Chemical Engineering Science
- Short courses on Physical and Chemical Wastewater Treatment, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, October 31 - November 1, 1997.
- Short course on Fundamentals of Industrial Water and Wastewater Treatment, German Institute of Science and Technology, Singapore, March 17-21, 2003
- International Program Committee for Advanced Technology in the Environmental Field (ATEF 2006), 6-8 February, 2006, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain
- Scientific Committee for the International Congress on Membranes and Membrane Processes (ICOM2005), 21-26 August 2005, Seoul, Korea.
- Expert Committee for International Conference on Integrated Concepts in Water Recycling, 14-17 February 2005, Wollongong, NSW Australia
- International Scientific Advisor Committee for the 2nd International Conference on Application of Membrane Technology, 27-29 September 2002, Beijing, China.
Current membership in professional organization:
- International Water Association
- North American Membrane Society
- American Society of Civil Engineering
- Meng F, B Liao, S Liang, F Yang, H Zhang, L Song, Journal of Membrane Science 361 (2010) 1–14
- Zhao Y, L Song, SL Ong, Journal of Membrane Science 349 (2010) 75–82.
- Zhao Y, L Song, SL Ong, Journal of Membrane Science 349 (2010) 65–74.
- Song L, AIChE Journal, 56 (1), 2010, 143-149.
- Liang S., C. Liu, and L. Song, Environmental Science & Technology 43 (9) (2009) 3272-3277.
- Maung HO and L Song, Desalination 246 (2009) 605-612.
- Liang and Song, Journal of Membrane Science 310 (2008) 503–511.
- Singh G. and L Song, Water Research 42(3) (2008) 707-713.
- Singh G. and L Song, Journal of Membrane Science 303 (2007) 112-118.
- Liang, S and L Song, Environmental Engineering Science 24(5) (2007) 652-662.
- Tay, KG and L Song, Water Environment Research 7 (2007) 788-794.
- Liang, S, C Liu and L Song, Water Research 41 (2007) 95-101.
- Song, L, S Liang and L Y Yuan, Journal of Environmental Engineering 133 (2007) 36-43.
- Song, L., Tay, K.G. and Singh, G. Water Science & Technology: Water Supply 6(6) (2006) 61-70.
- Song, L and G Singh, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 45 (2006) 7633-7638.
- Song, L and KG Tay, Journal of Membrane Science 281(1-2) (2006) 163-169.
- Song, L and SW Ma, Journal of Membrane Science 284 (2006) 102-109.
- Singh, G and L Song, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 281(1-3) (2006) 138-146.
- Liang, S, L Song, GH Tao, KA Kekre and H Seah, Water Environment Research 78(8) (2006) 857-863.
- Zhou, WW, L Song and KG Tay, Journal of Membrane Science 27 (2006) 38-46.
- Wang YH, Zhu JL, Zhang JC, Song LF, Hu JY, Ong SL, Ng WJ, Journal of Power Sources 155 (2) (2006) 440-446.
Recent professional development activities:
- TLTC: Blackboard: Fundamentals Training, Audio/Video Instructional Lab, 9/8/2010
- TLTC: Jumpstart: Teaching Versus Research, Audio/Video Instructional Lab, 8/18/2010.