Annette Hernandez - Assistant Professor
Annette Hernandez, Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-1022
Tel:(806) 742-3523 x251
Fax: (806) 742-3449
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Texas A&M University – Kingsville, 2007
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, Texas A&M University – Kingsville, 2003
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University – Kingsville, 1997
- 08/08 – Present: Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Texas Tech University
- 08/03 – 08/07: Graduate Research Assistant, Environmental Engineering, Texas A&M University - Kingsville
- 01/02 – 08/03: Research Scientist, South Texas Environmental Institute, Texas A&M University - Kingsville
- 01/98 – 05/00: Graduate Research Assistant, Environmental Engineering, Texas A&M University - Kingsville
- 08/97 – 12/97: Undergraduate Research Assistant, Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University - Kingsville
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Water Resources Association
- American Water Works Association
Honors and Awards
- ASCE ExCEEd 2009 Fellow
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Reviewer, Water Air and Soil Pollution
- Reviewer, Journal of the American Water Resources Association
- Member, Graduate Faculty
- Advisor, Emerging Green Builders Association
- Advisor, Engineers Without Borders
- Member, Civil Engineering Curriculum committee
- Panelist, “Getting your First Job and Surviving your First Year” part of the “So You Want to be a Professor?” series sponsored by the TLTC.
- Invited Speaker, 2010 Girls in Engineering, Manufacturing and Science (GEMS) Summer Camp, Texas A&M University – Kingsville
- Invited Speaker, 2009 Math and Science classes career day, Region 1 Service Center, Sharyland, TX
- Uddameri, V. and E. A. Hernandez “Assessing Optimal Waste Load Allocations in the Arroyo Colorado River Watershed, TX along the US-Mexico Border,” Clean Technologies and Environmental Policies; Submitted December 2010
- Hernandez, E.A., and V. Uddameri, “Using Bi-variate Copulas to Manage Resources in a Semi-Arid Region,” Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics, in review.
- Hernandez, E., and Uddameri, V. (2010) "Selecting Agricultural Best Management Practices for Water Conservation and Quality Improvements Using Atanassov’s Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets." Water Resources Management, 24(15), 4589-4612.
- Chang, N.-B., and Hernandez, E. (2008). "Optimal Expansion Strategy for a Sewer System under Uncertainty." Environmental Modeling and Assessment, 13(1), 93-113.
- Hernandez, E. A., and V. Uddameri, (2008) “Hazardous Waste Assessment, Management, and Minimization,” Water Environment Research, 80 (10), p. 1648-53.
- Hernandez, E. A., and V. Uddameri, (2009) “Management of Water Resources under Uncertainty in a Changing Climate,” AWRA 2009 Spring Specialty Conference: Managing Water Resources and Development in a Changing Climate. Anchorage, Ak, May 4 – 6, 2009.
- Uddameri, V., and E.A. Hernandez, (2009) “Management of Agricultural Water Resources under Uncertainty for the Dual Purposes of Conservation and Enhancement,” AWRA 2009 Spring Specialty Conference: Managing Water Resources and Development in a Changing Climate. Anchorage, Ak, May 4 – 6, 2009.
- Hernandez, E. A. (2007) “Water Resource Management: The Simulation-Optimization Approach,” Invited Speaker, Graduate Seminar, Texas A&M University – Kingsville, Kingsville Texas.
- Gonzalez, Victoria H. and Hernandez, E. A. “Watershed Management of Canadian River using Soft Computing Methods,” Undergraduate Research Conference, Texas Tech University, March 29 – April 1, 2010.
- Hernandez, E. A., and V. Uddameri. “Soft Computing Methods for Agricultural Best Management Practice Selection” CREST Open House, November 30, 2006
- Hernandez, E. A., and V. Uddameri. “Wastewater Resources Management within a Small Semi-Arid Watershed,” Poster Presentation at the Texas Rivers Institute – Flows for the Future” conference October 30 – November 1, 2005.
Mentoring and Professional Development Activities
- ASCE ExCEED 2009
- TLTC Tenure Academy
- TLTC TIPS