Audra N. Morse - Associate Professor
Audra N. Morse, Ph.D., P.E.
Department of Civil Engineering
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-1022
Tel:(806) 742-2801 Ext. 284
Fax: (806) 742-3449
- B. S. Environmental Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1999
- M. Environmental Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1999
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University, 2003
- Texas Tech University, Associate Professor, 2008–Present, full time
- Texas Tech University, Assistant Professor, 2003–2008, full time
Non Academic Experience:
- Compliance Services Group, Environmental Scientist, 1997-1997, part-time
Certifications or professional registrations
- Registered Professional Engineering, Texas
Current membership in professional organizations
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Water Environment Federation, American Water Works
- Association, American Society for Engineering Educators, Society of Automotive Engineers,
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
Honors and Awards
- Member, TTU Civil and Environmental Engineering Department Academy, Inducted 2010
- President’s Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas Tech University, 2010
- 2010 Chi Epsilon Excellence in Teaching Award for the Southwest District
- Outstanding Educator, TTU TECHspy Awards, 2009, 2010
- 2009 Whitacre Excellence in Research Award, Whitacre COE, TTU
- 2009 ASCE Texas Section - Professional Service to Students Award
- Member, Texas Tech University Teaching Academy
- Member, ASCE, Committee on Faculty Development, 10/2010-09/2014
- Vice President-Education, Texas Section, ASCE, 10/2010-09/2011
- Mentor, ExCEEd Workshop, Flagstaff, AZ 2009
- Deputy Trustee, West Texas Region, Texas American Water Works Association, 05/2009-
- Member, Transportation Research Board, Committee on Physiochemical and Biological
Processes in Soils, 4/15/2009-4/14/2012
Community Service (selected)
- Poster Judge, T-STEM Best Practices Conference, February 9, 2010
- Mentor, Women in Science Endeavors WISE Conference, Science Spectrum, 2008, 2010
- Member, Tenure and Promotion Guidelines for Education and Outreach Committee, 2010-present
- Member, Undergraduate Research Task Force, 2010-present
- Member, Cash Chair in Wind Energy/Director of the NWRC Search Committee, 2010-2011
- Member TLTC Advisory Committee, 2010-2012
- TEACH Program Mentor, Ellen Taylor, 2010-2011
- Interim Chair, Executive Council, TTU Teaching Academy Spring 2010
- Member, Executive Council, TTU Teaching Academy 2008-2011
Whitacre College of Engineering Service
- ConocoPhillips Academic Success Bridge Faculty Coordinator, Spring 2009-present
- Member, Environmental Search Committee, 2010-2011,
- Co-Lead Faculty Advisor for CEE Undergraduate Students, Fall 2010-present
- Lead the development of 3 new dual-listed laboratory classes for environmental engineering
curriculum (ENVE 4107/ENVE 5107, ENVE 4185/CE 5185, ENVE 4191/CE 5191),
- Co-lead the development of two service learning courses: Concrete Structure Service Learning
- Opportunities and Steel Structure Service Learning Opportunities, Fall 2008
- Chair, Structures Search Committee, Fall 2008- Spring 2009
Peer Reviewed (*Corresponding author)
- Carr, D.L.*, Morse, A.N., Zak, J.C. and Anderson, T.A. 2010. Biological Degradation of Common Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Soils with High Water Content. Water, Air and Soil Pollution, DOI 10.1007/s11270-010-0573-z
- Carr, D.L.*, Morse, A.N., Zak, J.C. and Anderson, T.A. 2010. Microbially mediated degradation of common pharmaceuticals and personal care products in soil under aerobic and anaerobic conditions, Water, Air and Soil Pollution, DOI 10.1007/s11270-010-0558-y.
- Karnjanapiboonwong, A*., A.N. Morse, J.D. Maul, and T.A. Anderson. 2010. Sorption of estrogens, triclosan, and caffeine in a sandy loam and a silt loam soil. Journal of Soils and Sediments 10(7): 1300-1307.
- Karnjanapiboonwong, A.*, J.G.Suski, A.A.Shah, Q.Cai , A.N. Morse, T.A. Anderson. 2010.
- Occurrence of PPCPs at a wastewater treatment plant and in soil and groundwater at a land
- application site. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution (In press).
- Karnjanapiboonwong, A*., J.E. Cañas, W.A. Jackson, J.D. Maul, A.N. Morse, and T.A. Anderson. 2010. Uptake of 17α-ethynylestradiol and triclosan in pinto bean, Phaseolus vulgaris.Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety.
- Jackson, W*. Andrew, Morse, A., McLamore, E., Wiesner, T., and Xia, S. 2009. Nitrification– Denitrification Biological Treatment of a High-Nitrogen Waste Stream for Water-Reuse Applications. Water Environment Research. 81(4):423-431.
- Wells, M.J.M.*, Pellegrin, M.-L., Morse, A., Bell, K. and Fono, L.J. 2009. Emerging Pollutants, Water Environment Research, 80(10): 2026-257.
- Morse, A.,* Khatri, S., and Jackson, W.A. 2008. Treatment Efficiency and Stoichiometry of a High Strength Graywater, Water Environment Research, 79(13):2557-2563.
Professional development Activities:
- ABET Faculty Workshop on Sustainable Assessment Processes, October 2009
- ExCEEd II Workshop, Flagstaff, AZ 2009
- Organizer and Participant, ASCE EWRI Continuing Education Workshop, EDCs andPharmaceuticals: Treatment Tools and Public Awareness, Presented by Erin Snyder, November 2008.
- HERS, Higher Education Resource Services, Workshop, Denver, CO, August, September, October, November, 2008