Annual Conference on the Advancement of Women
Texas Tech University | Student Union Building
The Student Union provides an environment for relaxation and social interaction, opportunities for education and exchange of thought, and services for Texas Tech students, staff, faculty and our community.
Student Activities compliments the university's academic programs
by enhancing the overall educational experiences of students through participation in social, multicultural, intellectual, community service and campus governance programs.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us.
Shuttle, Taxi, Etc.
The following hotels are suggestions and rates may change:
Walking Distance to campus
- Rates from $94/night
- 2629 19th St, Lubbock, TX 79410
- Ask for Tech Visiting Rate $109/night
- 2515 19th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79410
Short Cab Ride to campus
- Rates from $165/night
- 2322 Mac Davis Ln, Lubbock, TX 79401
- Rates from $76/night
- 2401 4th St, Lubbock, TX 79415
- Rates from $59/night
- 601 Avenue Q, Lubbock, TX 79401
- Rates from $40/night
- 501 Avenue Q, Lubbock, TX 79401
- Rates from $67/night
- 3901 19th St, Lubbock, TX 79410
- 4435 Marsha Sharp Fwy, Lubbock, TX 79407
- We encourage students to participate via social media to give us feedback and to comment on the conference.
- You should also use this time to meet others online to follow in the future
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I am attending because of a class?
- First-Time Attendee Information
- Presenter Information
|Call for Proposals||Now until February 5, 2016|
|Conference Prep Workshop||Fall/Spring|
|DEADLINE for Call for Proposals DUE||February 5|
|Presenters Notified||February 19|
|Registration||Begins February 1, 2016|
|Volunteer Training||March 29 & April 6|
|Deadline for Early Registration||April 1|
|Late Registration||April 2-15|
|Pre-conference Event||April 14|
Conference Prep Workshop
Learn how to submit a proposal
For more information and details of the sessions click here
Call for Proposals
For more information click here.
Click here for details
All participants will check-in at the registration table located on the upper level of the SUB near the elevators.
TTU Campus Parking
For visitors without a TTU parking sticker on their vehicle, enter off of University and Broadway for directions from the traffic kiosk to this area.
Visitors unable to find parking in this area will be directed to the closest available parking upon inquiry at the traffic kiosk. Read more...
The Program, unless otherwise noted, is unable to offer travel scholarships at this time. We will announce potential funding for travel scholarships as they become available. Likewise, any discounts for area hotels will be announced as they become available.
- Information about area chain hotels can be found on this link: http://www.visitlubbock.org/
- Information about visiting the Texas Tech University campus can be found here http://www.visit.ttu.edu/
Please help make the Women's Studies Conference a huge success by serving as a volunteer. Specific tasks, as well as miscellaneous duties, are offered to provide you an experience of a behind the scenes look at organizing and planning a conference of this nature. Read more...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Conference Registration and Information Table Monitor
- Program/Panel Session Monitor
- Technical Equipment Monitor
- Volunteer Training
Please direct questions about submitting proposals or questions of a general nature
Please include "Women's Studies Conference" in the subject line so that your question can be found