Annual Conference on the
Advancement of Women
Texas Tech University-- April 16th, 17th & 18th,
TTU Student Union Building
The Annual Conference on the Advancement of Women comes but once a year and we are looking forward to seeing you there!
The Women's Studies Program offers a limited number of registration assistance awards.
Students at Texas Tech or another higher education institution with a demonstrated need for financial assistance are encouraged to apply. Particular consideration will be given to assisting doctoral student presenters and emerging scholars who have not previously received registration assistance in the past.
The registration assistant awards are also intended to encourage the participation of individuals from under-represented constituencies at Texas Tech.
Finally, please note that we are unable to offer travel grants at this time. Also, we do not have a travel grant budget to support international travel grant applicants.
Applications are available now. The application deadline is April 15, 2014.
- Assistance is awarded based on the following:
- The candidate's application
- The candidate's ability to express himself or herself
To Apply Please Submit the following:
How can I help?
We are grateful for the generous support from other departments and faculty across our campus for their anonymous donations to support students in attending the conference. If you would like to contribute to this cause and help ensure that the conference is accessible to a diverse set of attendees, send us a letter with your payment to the address below:
Texas Tech University
Women's Studies Program
Attn: Student Conference Registration
Box 42009 or MS 2009
Lubbock, TX. 79409-2009
We're consistently amazed by the power of this field to make positive change in the lives of students. No one does it alone! Please give today, so more students can make a difference too.
Thank you for your tireless support!
What attendees have said about the conference
- Just wanted to send my hearty and heartfelt congratulations for an EXCELLENT conference! Wow! It was absolutely light years above any previous conference. I really was impressed. I also thought the Shelby Knox/Gloria Steinem intergenerational interplay was really effective. I heard quite a few people thinking about intergenerational feminism in a deep way. - Anisa M. Zvonkovic, Ph.D.,Professor & Chair, Department of Human Development and Family Studies Texas Tech University (2009)
- I just wanted to thank you both for the opportunity to present in the conference last weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting other presenters and academicians while sharing future research ideas. I even had a chance to meet Gloria Steinem, which made my week :) It was a wonderful learning experience for me and a great opportunity for the University. It truly was the experience of a lifetime. - Erin D. Murphy, Graduate Student & Part-time Instructor, Applied and Professional Studies (2009)
- We encourage students to participate via social media to give us feedback and to comment on the conference.
- You should also use this time to meet others online to follow in the future
- To comment and network with others at the conference use the hashtag #TTUWSC15 during the conference events.
Conference Prep Workshop
Learn how to submit a proposal
Fall & Spring
Sessions by Presenters - Program At-A-Glance
Student Union Building (Upper Level)
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for details
All participants will check-in at the registration table located on the upper level of the SUB near the elevators.
- February 6 - CFP due
- February 20 - Presenters Notified
- April 3- deadline for pre-registration (includes breakfast & lunch)
- April 4 - April 17 - any late registrations, received after this date as well as on the day of the conference,will not guarantee the continental breakfast and/or luncheon
- April 1 - Volunteer Training
- April 2 - Volunteer Training
- April 16 - Pre-Conference Event
- April 17-18 - date of conference
TTU Campus Parking
For visitors without a TTU parking sticker on their vehicle, enter off of University and Broadway for directions from the traffic kiosk to this area.
Visitors unable to find parking in this area will be directed to the closest available parking upon inquiry at the traffic kiosk. Read more...
The Program, unless otherwise noted, is unable to offer travel scholarships at this time.
- Information about area chain hotels can be found on this link: http://www.visitlubbock.org/
- Information about visiting the Texas Tech University campus can be found here http://www.visit.ttu.edu/
Please help make the Women's Studies Conference a huge success by serving as a volunteer. Specific tasks, as well as miscellaneous duties, are offered to provide you an experience of a behind the scenes look at organizing and planning a conference of this nature. Read more...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Conference Registration and Information Table Monitor
- Program/Panel Session Monitor
- Technical Equipment Monitor
Please direct questions about submitting proposals or questions of a general nature to: email@example.com and enter "2012-Women's Studies Conference Submission Question" in the subject line.
Link to 2011 Conference
Link to 2010 Conference
Link to 2009 Conference
Link to 2008 Conference
A number of announcements and events can be found on other social media devices as well as our web stie. We will update all sites as details become available.
* Note: If you have an event or an announcement you would like us to be aware of, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org