Conference Schedule Share on Facebook
The special theme this year is Women’s Studies on the Edge, in which we will explore the present and future of women’s studies programs, especially the challenges faced in red states.
"The edge is defined as a place of indeterminancy, at once exciting and precarious. Exciting because to be on this edge is to be on the verge of discovering new possibilities for a field that may only seem to be exhausted and new ways to disrupt prevailing arrangements and relationships of power. Precarious because in the quest for an as-yet-unimagined future, there are never any guarantees." - Joan Wallace Scott, Editor, Women's Studies on the Edge, Duke Press, 2008
Thusday | April 17th, 2014
Evening Pre-conference event
Friday | April 18th, 2014
Check In | Late Registration
Morning Speaker | Robin Milstead
Concurrent Sessions I & II - Program At-A-Glance
Luncheon & Awards Ceremony
Guest Speaker | Dr. Beverly Guy-Sheftall
Concurrent Session III, IV & V - Program At-A-Glance
Dinner - On Your Own
Saturday | April 19th, 2014
Closing Plenary - Final Wrap Up (Lunch)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I am attending because of a class?
- First-Time Attendee Information
- Presenter Information
- Where is the Conference? - SUB Map
Lubbock Location: Texas Tech University Map
Campus Location: Student Union Building Map
- How do I access the program? Conference Program
- What if I want to attend the keynote speaker presentations? Do I need to register?
- Are there any awards or scholarships to help with funding?
Conference Prep Workshop
Learn how to submit a proposal
Sessions by Presenters -Program At-A-Glance
Beverly Guy-Sheftall, Ph.D., is the founding director of the Women’s Research and Resource Center and the Anna Julia Cooper Professor of Women’s Studies. She is also adjunct professor at Emory University’s Institute for Women’s Studies where she teaches graduate courses. Read more...
For more information and details of the sessions download go to the Agenda
Click here for details
All participants will check-in at the registration table located on the upper level of the SUB near the elevators.
- February 28 - CFP due
- March 7 - Presenters Notified
- April 4- deadline for pre-registration (includes breakfast & lunch ticket)
- April 5 - April 18 - any late registrations, received after this date as well as on the day of the conference,will not guarantee the continental breakfast and/or luncheon
- April 2 - Volunteer Training
- April 3 - Volunteer Training
- April 17 - Pre-Conference Event TBA
- April 18-19 - date of conference
TTU Campus Parking
Visitors unable to find parking in this area will be directed to the closest available parking upon inquiry at the traffic kiosk. Read more...
- Information about area chain hotels can be found on this link: http://www.visitlubbock.org/
- Information about visiting the Texas Tech University campus can be found here http://www.visit.ttu.edu/
Please help make the Women's Studies Conference a huge success by serving as a volunteer. Specific tasks, as well as miscellaneous duties, are offered to provide you an experience of a behind the scenes look at organizing and planning a conference of this nature. Read more...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Conference Registration and Information Table Monitor
- Program/Panel Session Monitor
- Technical Equipment Monitor
Please direct questions about submitting proposals or questions of a general nature to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "2012-Women's Studies Conference Submission Question" in the subject line.
Link to 2011 Conference
Link to 2010 Conference
Link to 2009 Conference
Link to 2008 Conference
What attendees have said about the conference
- Just wanted to send my hearty and heartfelt congratulations for an EXCELLENT conference! Wow! It was absolutely light years above any previous conference. I really was impressed. I also thought the Shelby Knox/Gloria Steinem intergenerational interplay was really effective. I heard quite a few people thinking about intergenerational feminism in a deep way. - Anisa M. Zvonkovic, Ph.D.,Professor & Chair, Department of Human Development and Family Studies Texas Tech University (2009)
- I just wanted to thank you both for the opportunity to present in the conference last weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting other presenters and academicians while sharing future research ideas. I even had a chance to meet Gloria Steinem, which made my week :) It was a wonderful learning experience for me and a great opportunity for the University. It truly was the experience of a lifetime. - Erin D. Murphy, Graduate Student & Part-time Instructor, Applied and Professional Studies (2009)
A number of announcements and events can be found on other social media devices as well as our web stie. We will update all sites as details become available.
* Note: If you have an event or an announcement you would like us to be aware of, send us an email at email@example.com