Annual Conference on the Advancement of Women
Texas Tech University | TTU Student Union Building
Do you need help with registration costs?
Do you want to attend the lunch but need help with covering the fee? Apply for assistance here.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I am attending because of a class?
- First-Time Attendee Information
- Presenter Information
- Where is the Conference? - SUB Map
Lubbock Location: Texas Tech University Map
Campus Location: Student Union Building Map
- How do I access the program? Conference Program
- What if I want to attend the keynote speaker presentations? Do I need to register?
- Are there any awards or scholarships to help with funding?
What attendees have said about the conference
- Just wanted to send my hearty and heartfelt congratulations for an EXCELLENT conference! Wow! It was absolutely light years above any previous conference. I really was impressed. I also thought the Shelby Knox/Gloria Steinem intergenerational interplay was really effective. I heard quite a few people thinking about intergenerational feminism in a deep way. - Anisa M. Zvonkovic, Ph.D.,Professor & Chair, Department of Human Development and Family Studies Texas Tech University (2009)
- I just wanted to thank you both for the opportunity to present in the conference last weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting other presenters and academicians while sharing future research ideas. I even had a chance to meet Gloria Steinem, which made my week :) It was a wonderful learning experience for me and a great opportunity for the University. It truly was the experience of a lifetime. - Erin D. Murphy, Graduate Student & Part-time Instructor, Applied and Professional Studies (2009)
Conference Prep Workshop
Learn how to submit a proposal
For more information and details of the sessions click here
For more information click here.
Click here for details
All participants will check-in at the registration table located on the upper level of the SUB near the elevators.
TTU Campus Parking
For visitors without a TTU parking sticker on their vehicle, enter off of University and Broadway for directions from the traffic kiosk to this area.
Visitors unable to find parking in this area will be directed to the closest available parking upon inquiry at the traffic kiosk. Read more...
The Program, unless otherwise noted, is unable to offer travel scholarships at this time. We will announce potential funding for travel scholarships as they become available. Likewise, any discounts for area hotels will be announced as they become available.
- Information about area chain hotels can be found on this link: http://www.visitlubbock.org/
- Information about visiting the Texas Tech University campus can be found here http://www.visit.ttu.edu/
Please help make the Women's Studies Conference a huge success by serving as a volunteer. Specific tasks, as well as miscellaneous duties, are offered to provide you an experience of a behind the scenes look at organizing and planning a conference of this nature. Read more...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Conference Registration and Information Table Monitor
- Program/Panel Session Monitor
- Technical Equipment Monitor
- Volunteer Training
Please direct questions about submitting proposals or questions of a general nature
Please include "Women's Studies Conference" in the subject line so that your question can be found