Announcements | Journals
Call for Papers
tiresias: Writings in Gender and Sexuality Spring 2013 Issue
Deadline: November 9, 2012
Purpose: tiresias is an interdisciplinary journal that opens a forum for questions in the study of gender and sexuality. It is interested in formal essays that explore the way these identities intersect with race, class, and history. tiresias welcomes academically rigorous, undergraduate level research that speaks to issues regarding past, present, and future directions of gender and sexuality.
Types of Submissions: We accept three kinds: original research articles, analytical essays, and book reviews. Papers are welcome from all departments, such as (but not excluded to): English, Comparative Literature, Classics, Women's and Gender Studies, Anthropology, History, Linguistics, Psychology, Political Science and Philosophy.
We encourage research literature from all fields of natural science as well. Format: Submissions should follow the author-date system of documentation, with limited footnotes, as outlined in the Chicago Manual of Style (15th ed.) Articles should not exceed a maximum length of 5,000 words, including references and footnotes. An abstract of no more than 250 words should accompany your submission. A separate title page should have the following: your name, e-mail address, university, major and year of graduation.
Email submissions to: RUTPjournal@gmail.com with the subject title as “Submission- Spring 2013- [your name].”
Calls with Open Deadline
- Frontiers: A Journal of Women Studies - The editors welcome scholarly, creative writing, and visual art submissions on reproductive rights, reproductive justice, and reproductive technologies. For more information contact the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NWSA Journal Editors: Becky Ropers-Huilman
- Historical Encyclopedia of Women's Reproductive Lives: From Ancient to Modern Editors: Sharmain van Blommestein
- Journal of International Women's Studies Editors: Diana Fox, Executive Editor Suzanne Baker, Book Review Editor
- Women's Studies International Forum Editors: Christine Zmroczek, Editor in Chief Denise Roman, European Editor
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS “BEST BI SHORT STORIES” Editors: Sheela Lambert
- Qui Parle Editors: Diana Anders, Nima Bassiri, Michelle Branch, Kelvin Black, Peter Skafis
- Journal of American Culture Theme Issue: The Greening -- or not -- of America – Editors: Jane Caputi and Suzanne Kelly
- Making Connections: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cultural Diversity Editors: Betina Entzminger
- American Journalism, a quarterly journal sponsored by the American Journalism Historians Association Editors: Barbara Friedman, University of North Carolina