Announcements | Kudos
Art of West Texas Women: A Celebration by
Kippra D. Hopper and Laurie J. Churchill.
Introduction by Pamela Brink
- Kudos and Cool Stuff: WS Affiliated Faculty and Friends
- Donell Callender (Women’s Studies Council Member, Associate Librarian) was accepted to Texas Library Association TALL Texans (leadership institute) in June 2013.
- Dr. Trenia Walker (Curriculum & Instruction) received a Fulbright Scholar Award 2013-2014 to research and lecture in Kosovo/University of Pristina.
- Dr. Diane Warner (Librarian for the Sowell Family Collection, Dept. Head for Rare Books, SWCSCL) book of poetry published by Steven F. Austin University Press and hosted the Sowell Collection Conference (April 2013) with guests John Lane, Robert Michael Pyle, Rick Bass and Barry Lopez
- Dr. Dorothy Chansky (Associate Professor, Theatre and Dance) and Carol Flueckiger (Associate Professor, School of Art) created an interdisciplinary feminist performance piece called Three Eleanors, a Solar-Powered Paper Doll Production. The work was presented in Lubbock and then traveled to the Women's Rights National Historic Park in Seneca Falls, NY, and finally to Stage Left Studio, an off-off-Broadway theatre in New York City. (Summer 2013)
- Dr. Carolyn E. Tate (Professor, School of Art) book on the importance of women, children, and human fetuses and embryos in the art, politics, and beliefs of the first civilization of Mexico -- the Olmec, won an "Outstanding Academic Title 2012" award from the American Library Association
Please send ‘kudos’ information to KUDOS *, and we’ll try to spread good news campus wide!