BROWN BAG LUNCH SERIES
Brown Bag Flyer PDF
- February 8 | The History of Consciousness Raising Groups | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | DOAK Hall RM 123
- March 8 | International Women's Day and You | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | DOAK Hall RM 123
- April 12 |Turning Advocacy Into Activism | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | DOAK Hall RM 123
In the spirit of consciousness raising groups *, please join the Women's Studies Program for our brown bag lunch series.
We invite members of the campus community to bring their lunch and join us on the 2nd Friday of the month starting February 8th. We want to use this time as an opportunity for a “meeting of minds”.
As an informal gathering, we intend to address a wide range of women's issues including current topics being discussed inside the classroom and out. The lunches provide opportunities to discuss hot topics, challenges, solutions, and to share ideas and inspirations. Join us for an informal gathering with colleagues and community members who are friends of the Women's Studies Program.
The event is FREE. Invite a friend!
* Consciousness Raising (also called awareness raising) is a form of political activism, popularized by United States feminists in the late 1960s. It often takes the form of a group of people attempting to focus the attention of a wider group of people on some cause or condition. Common issues include diseases (e.g. breast cancer, AIDS), conflicts (e.g. the Darfur genocide, global warming), movements (e.g. Greenpeace, PETA, Earth Hour), and political parties or politicians. Since informing the populace of a public concern is often regarded as the first step to changing how the institutions handle it, raising awareness is often the first activity in which any advocacy group engages
- June 01, 2013: Womens History in Motion
- June 01, 2013: Scholarship Application Available for Download NOW
- June 03, 2013: Faculty on Duty
A number of announcements and events can be found on other social media devices as well as our web stie. We will update all sites as details become available.
* Note: If you have an event or an announcement you would like us to be aware of, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org