In the spirit of consciousness raising groups, please join the Women's Studies Program
for our brown bag lunch series. We invite members of the campus community to bring
their lunch and join us. We want to use this time as an opportunity for a "meeting
As an informal gathering, we intend to address a wide range of issues including current
topics being discussed inside the classroom and out. The lunches provide opportunities
to discuss hot topics, challenges, solutions, and to share ideas and inspirations.
Join us for an informal gathering with colleagues and community members who are friends
of the Women's Studies Program.
The event is FREE. Invite a friend!
All events are located in DOAK Hall Room 119
- September 9 | noon - 1:00 p.m.
- Topic: Click Moment: Yep I'm a Feminist
- "When did you know you were a feminist? Whether it happened at school, at work, while
watching TV, or reading a book, many of us can point to a particular moment when we
knew we were feminists." - from the back cover of Click: When We Knew We Were Feminists, edited by Courtney E. Martin and J. Courtney Sullivan
- October 14 | noon - 1:00 p.m.
- Topic: "I'm a Feminist, Now What?"
- November 11 | noon - 1:00 p.m.
- Topic: "Open Subject" from participants
- Participants will draw from the bowl-o-topics generated by the group to begin the
- October 07, 2015: Womens Studies Advisory Council Meeting
- October 07, 2015: Sexism in Cinema: The Hours film screening
- October 07, 2015: Tech GSA Weekly Meeting Coming OUT Story