Conference Prep Workshop Series
CFP - Now being accepted
About the Series
The submission deadline for the Annual All-University Conference on the Advancement of Women in Higher Education is approaching quickly, and the Women's Studies Program will host six (6) workshops to help students discuss potential submissions to the conference. Faculty, Staff and Student panelists will be on hand to answer questions and provide feedback.
The workshop will allow students to showcase and discuss their research. Women's Studies minor's both undergraduate and graduate have been particularly successful at this conference in recent years, and this will be a great opportunity to work on paper ideas or unfinished projects.
• Types of Conferences
• Shaping Your Research: What format fits me?
• Writing an Abstract for Your Proposal
• My Proposal was Accepted, Now What?
• My Proposal was Declined, What Happened? Now What?
• The Volunteer: Connecting & Empowering Future Leaders
• Maximize Your Time at the Conference
• Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch
- Identify paper ideas from current and past classes, or dust off unfinished or unsubmitted projects.
- Review the paper call from the 28th Annual All-University Conference on the Advancement of Women in Higher Education or find calls from other conferences to consider how your research might fit in.
- Bring your research ideas to the workshop and prepare questions for the presenters.
Conference Prep Workshop
Learn how to submit a proposal
For more information and details of the sessions click here
- January 20 | TLPDC 153 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- January 27 | TLPDC 153 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- February 3 | TLPDC 153 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.