About Women's Studies Symposium
Women in Leadership Symposium
In 2011 the Innagural Women In Leadership Symposium was hosted by the Division of
Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement in partnership with the Texas
Diversity Council. This year the Women's Studies Program and the Cross-Cultural Academic
Advancement Center are proud to announce the continuation of the momentum established
by hosting the symposium this Spring.
The mission of the Women in Leadership Symposium is to bring together a diverse mix of successful women leaders who, through the discussion of topics relevant to today’s issues, educate, inspire and encourage women to reflect on their own goals and status as they strive to move higher in their organizations. Read more...
Binding Equality: A Women's Studies Symposium
The Women’s Studies Program was proud to announce "Binding Equality: A Women's Studies
Symposium" in collaboration with the Museum of Texas Tech University during the month of March (Women's History Month).
The symposium will coincide with the exhibition “Speaking Volumes: Books and Ideas from 1250-1862”. This exhibition will showcase ancient and rare books, documents, and manuscripts from the Remnant Trust.
Guest Speakers Included:
- Stephanie Eckroth, PhD, Lecturer, Baylor University - What’s in a Name?: Women Writers in the Nineteenth-Century Book Market
- Maura Ives, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of English, Texas A&M University - Books as Women, Women as Books: Gender and Book Design in the 19th Century
- Jodi Thomas, MS, Writer in Residence, West Texas A&M University
Women in Leadership Program
Please help make the Women In Leadership Symposium a huge success by serving as a
volunteer. Specific tasks, as well as miscellaneous duties, are offered to provide
you an experience of a behind the scenes look at organizing and planning a conference
of this nature. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference Registration and Information Table Monitor
- Community leaders weigh in on women in leadership positions By staff writer Destiny Bezrutczyk
- Women’s leadership symposium to highlight female advancement By staff writer Gloria Lerma