2011 Inaugural Women In Leadership Symposium
Women in Leadership: Rising Above the Ordinary
Wednesday | September 28th, 2011
Merket Alumni Center | 17th & University Ave.
7:30 a.m. | Registration & Networking
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Panel Discussion
The Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement is pleased to announce the Inaugural Women in Leadership Symposium in partnership with the Texas Diversity Council.
The mission of the Women in Leadership Symposium is to bring together a diverse mix of successful women leaders who, through the discussion of topics relevant to today’s issues, educate, inspire and encourage women to reflect on their own goals and status as they strive to move higher in their organizations.
Registration Fee is $45 and students are FREE.
- Renee Gonzales Davis, Inventory Manager, Alderson Enterprises
- Dan Pope, President and Founder Benchmark Business Solutions
- Adrienne Cozart, Vice President-Human Resources, UMC Health System | Bio
- Linda Gaither, Westmark Realtors, Real Estate Agent | Bio
- Stephanie Massengale, Advanced Graphix, Vice President | Bio
- Esther Pena, American State Bank, Vice President | Bio
- Irasema Velasquez, Chairwoman, Lubbock Chamber of Commerce | Bio
Schedule of Events
- Registration and Networking: 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Continental Breakfast Served
- Symposium: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Panel Discussion
- Speaking Up: Being Your Best Advocate
- Lessons Learned: Re-establishing Credibility
- Top Strategies for Financial Success
- Breaking through Middle Management
- Your Personal Board of Directors: How to Maximize Mentors
- What is the Next Step?
Positions available: Contact Shatina Chen by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator (2 needed from 7:30am-1pm) - act as a focal person for the mobilization of volunteers required for the day’s events and implementation of the conference logistics of the event. You will work closely with the Events Coordinator prior to the day of the conference reviewing the purpose, design, and structure of the duties to be assigned.
- Conference Registration and Information Table Monitor (2 needed from 7:30am-1pm) - volunteers will arrive 15 minutes prior to their designated time and serve in the conference registration area with check-in(registration, proof of attendance, etc.), materials distribution (program/schedule of panel sessions), and general information needs.
- Panel Session Monitor (2 needed from 7:30am-1pm) - volunteers will be assigned to meeting room during the allotted times listed above and assist so that the program/schedule of the days panel sessions stay on time. Duties include: - Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the panel discussion - Volunteers do not need to introduce the presenters, but are required to check that the presenter is there and check-in with them to make sure they have all that they need. - Monitor will inform the presenters that they choose the order of the paper presentations and/or first speaker for a panel. - Communicate with the panelist that their allotted time will be monitored by you and that you will give them notice as the time of their presentation comes to a close. - Report to the volunteer coordinator as to how many participants are in the room for each session you are monitoring. - Maintain and monitor the cleanliness of the room. - Assist audience members with general information regarding registration/information location.
- Technical Equipment Monitor (2 needed from 7:30am-1pm) - volunteers will be assigned to one or more meeting rooms during the allotted times listed above and need to have working knowledge of PC Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint. Duties include: - Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the panel discussion. - Volunteers will assist the Program/Panel Session Monitor as to the needs of the speakers PowerPoint presentation previously loaded on the laptop provided in the room with the projector. - Once the final presentation is completed, shut down and wrap up the equipment
- Greeters/Guides (3 needed from 7:30am-1pm) - volunteers arrive 15 minutes prior to their designated time and check in at the registration table to be assigned their strategically stationed post. Duties include assisting conference attendees to the registration table and panel session meeting rooms.
The symposium is sponsored by The Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement with the Texas Diversity Council. Additional sponsors include the Texas Tech University Women's Studies Program and the National Registry for Strategic and Diverse Faculty.
- Adrienne Cozart, Vice President-Human Resources, UMC Health System
- Linda Gaither, Westmark Realtors, Real Estate Agent
- Stephanie Massengale, Advanced Graphix, Vice President
- Esther Pena, American State Bank, Vice President
- Irasema Velasquez, Chairwoman, Lubbock Chamber of Commerce
All other registrations
Go to the link provided: http://www.texasdiversitycouncil.org/WilsL2011.html
Please help make the Women In Leadership Symposium a huge success by serving as a volunteer. Specific tasks, as well as miscellaneous duties, are offered to provide you an experience of a behind the scenes look at organizing and planning a conference of this nature. Contact Shatina Chen by email at: email@example.com
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Conference Registration and Information Table Monitor
- Panel Session Monitor
- Technical Equipment Monitor
- Community leaders weigh in on women in leadership positions By staff writer Destiny Bezrutczyk
- Women’s leadership symposium to highlight female advancement By staff writer Gloria Lerma
Contact: Mae Marshall email: Mae.Marshall@texasdiversitycouncil.org phone: 972-298-6447
Make checks payable to Texas Diversity Council and mail to: P. O. Box 590258 Houston, TX 77259-0258
Texas Tech University, Cross-Cultural Academic Advancement Center contact (806) 742-8681 | DOAK Hall RM 105