What is Outreach?
Outreach is an activity of providing services to populations who might not otherwise have access to those services. A key component of outreach is that the groups providing it are not stationary, but mobile; in other words they are meeting those in need of outreach services at the locations where those in need are. In addition to delivering services, outreach has an educational role, raising the awareness of existing services.
Strategic Plan Priority 4. - Further Outreach and Engagement - We will expand our community outreach, promote higher education, and continue to engage in partnerships in order to improve our communities and enrich their quality of life.
- New Faculty Orientation (Fall)
- Social Media Outreach
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to talk to others about what equality means? Ever wondered what Women's Equality Day is all about? The Women's Studies Program (@TTUWSP) will host a "tweet chat" online on August 26th from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m (central time) online using Twitter. This event will be available for members of the "twitterverse" at large, so you should be prepared to participate with others that are part of the global discussion focusing on empowering women and girls through other media actions and projects. Read more...
- University Student Staff Resource Fair (Fall & Spring)
Hosted by University Student Housing for their Community Advisor's
- September 24, 2014: Voices of Hope: Women of Color Discussion
- September 26, 2014: Leadership Development: Designing Action Plans for Your Community
- September 27, 2014: SlutWalk Lubbock
A number of announcements and events can be found on other social media devices as well as our web stie. We will update all sites as details become available.
* Note: If you have an event or an announcement you would like us to be aware of, send us an email at email@example.com