What is Outreach?
Outreach is an activity of providing services to populations who might not otherwise have access to those services. A key component of outreach is that the groups providing it are not stationary, but mobile; in other words they are meeting those in need of outreach services at the locations where those in need are. In addition to delivering services, outreach has an educational role, raising the awareness of existing services.
- Kate Hardy; Sarah Kingston; Teela Sanders (16 December 2010). New Sociologies of Sex Work. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 77. ISBN 978-0-7546-7986-8. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- Legal Services Research Centre (30 March 2009). Reaching Further: Innovation, Access and Quality in Legal Services. The Stationery Office. pp. 73–74. ISBN 978-0-11-706724-0. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Maximising the Role of Outreach in Client Engagement", Dewson S, Davis S, Casebourne J. Research Report DWPRR 326, Department for Work and Pensions, 2006.
How does outreach support our Mission, Vision & Strategic Plan?
Strategic Plan Priority 4. - Further Outreach and Engagement - We will expand our community outreach, promote higher education, and continue to engage in partnerships in order to improve our communities and enrich their quality of life.
- Awareness Events
- Back to School Fiesta - Community & College Fair Hosted by TTU Outreach & Community Engagement (Fall)
- Brown Bag Lunch Series - (Fall/Spring)
- Colloquium (Fall)
- Conference (Spring)
- Gender Fair (Spring)
- Red Raider Orientation (Hosted by RRO) - (Summer) June | July | August
- Raider Welcome (Hosted by Center for Campus Life) - (Fall)
- University Day (Fall) - Hosted by TTU Undergraduate Admissions
- New Faculty Orientation (Fall)
- Social Media Outreach: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Women's Equality Day - "Tweet Chat"
- University Student Staff Resource Fair - Hosted by University Student Housing for their Community Advisor's
- The Vagina Monologues (Spring) - Hosted by the TTU Student Organization Tech FMLA
- More events