- On May 12, 2012, Women’s Studies lost a good friend, Sandy River. Sandy served as our library liaison, a member of the Women’s Studies Advisory Board and provided countless other small and large acts of support and encouragement that will be sorely missed by all of us in Women’s Studies. - Dr. Charlotte Dunham, Director, Women's Studies Program
Sandy was active in professional organizations at the state and national level. Her honors include the Association of College and Research Libraries Women's Studies Section Career Achievement Award in 2007. She was selected as a Texas Library Association Tall Texan (Texas Accelerated Library Leadership Institute) in 1998. Sandy had a distinguished career of service to Texas Tech. She was active in the Women's Studies Council and Advisory Committee; she served in the Faculty Senate (1995 - 1998, 2007-2012), including terms as President and Parliamentarian. Sandy served as Faculty Senate Secretary from 2012-2013.
- View the hard work and dediction that Sandy put into supporting the Women's Studies Program through library resouces. Read more...
- Sandy was active in professional organizations at the state and national level. Read more...
- An endowment fund has been established in honor and memory of our friend and colleague, Sandy River.
- Description: The Sandy River Memorial Endowment will provide assistance to a student at Texas Tech, with preference, to outstanding graduate or undergraduate students who presents library and/or archival research in gender studies or related fields at the Texas Tech Annual All University Conference.
How do I apply?
- Students must submit an abstract for an individual paper by the deadline of the "Call for Proposals" of the Texas Tech Annual All University Conference.
- Students will be notified by the conference organziers if their abstract was accepted or declined.
- If accepted, the student must complete and submit the final paper two (2) weeks prior to date of the conference.
- A review committee will make recommendations to the Women's Studies Program to announce and present the award to the winner(s) at the All University Conference luncheon.
Library Research Workshop
Learn how to submit your abstract and work through the University Library resources.
- January 21, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., Library Lab 150
- January 22, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Library Lab 150
How can I support this endowment?
Call for Proposals
Women's Studies Subject Library
Assistant Librarian, Refernce and Museum Science
Office: Library, Mezzanine 111