- On May 12, 2012, Women’s Studies lost a good friend, Sandy River. Sandy served as our library liaison, a member of the Women’s Studies Advisory Board and provided countless other small and large acts of support and encouragement that will be sorely missed by all of us in Women’s Studies. - Dr. Charlotte Dunham, Director, Women's Studies Program
- An endowment fund has been established in honor and memory of our friend collegue, Sandy River.
- The Sandy River Memorial Endowment will provide assistance to a student at Texas Tech, with preference, to outstanding graduate or undergraduate students who present library and/or archival research in gender studies or related fields at the annual All University Conference (annually planned for spring) or another comparable outlet.
- Students must submit their abstract as an individual paper proposal by the deadline of the "Call for Proposals" of the conference.
- Students will be notified by the conference organziers if their abstract was accepted or declined.
- If the abstract is accepted the student must complete the paper by the deadline of the conference and submit the final version to the conference organizer.
- A review committee will make recommendations to the Women's Studies Program to announce and present the award to the winner(s) at the All University Conference (annually planned for spring)
Sandy was active in professional organizations at the state and national level. Her honors include the Association of College and Research Libraries Women's Studies Section Career Achievement Award in 2007. She was selected as a Texas Library Association Tall Texan (Texas Accelerated Library Leadership Institute) in 1998. Sandy had a distinguished career of service to Texas Tech. She was active in the Women's Studies Council and Advisory Committee; she served in the Faculty Senate (1995 - 1998, 2007-2012), including terms as President and Parliamentarian. Sandy had recently been elected as Faculty Senate Secretary for 2012-2013.
- View the hard work and dediction that Sandy put into supporting the Women's Studies Program through library resouces. Read more...
- Sandy was active in professional organizations at the state and national level. Read more...
How can I support this endowment?